S.B Radiator Fan Shroud

-

JTG

Reaction score
I recently purchased an original 22" radiator fan shroud for my 68 Barracuda with a 340. The part is 2785614, does anyone know who might sell the brackets required to mount the shroud to the rad for this setup. Or do I need to fabricate something.

the original fan shroud will bolt directly onto the original radiator...

There is no where on the rad for this shroud to mount, must be attaching side brackets required inorder to mount this shroud on a 22" rad. If someone can post a pic showing how the shroud is mounted to a 22" rad in S.B Abody it would be appreciated.

http://www.herbsparts.com/products.asp?cat=86

22" 1968-1969 A BODY FAN SHROUD

Details
AN EXCELLENT REPRODUCTION OF THE 68-69 A-BODY 22" V-8 RADIATOR FAN SHROUD. ORIGINAL PART #2785614. COORECT FOR ALL V-8 CARS USINF A FAN SHROUD INCLUDING 273 & 318 WITH A/C, 340, 383, 426 HEMI SS CARS, AND 440 POWERED DARTS, VALIANTS AND BARRACUDAS. MADE FROM HIGH TEMPERATURE RESITANT URETHANE WITH ALL THE DETAILS OF THE ORIGINAL PART. SOLD AS 1 EACH. Part#....614 **THESE SHROUDS FIT ONLY THE YEARS/MODELS SPECIFIED. WILL NOT FIT AFTERMARKET RADIATORS. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE ORIGINAL YEAR RADIATOR FOR YOUR CAR BEFORE ORDERING** MOUNTING HOLES MEASURE 13 1/8" TOP-BOTTOM 21 5/8" ACROSS.

I recently purchased an original 22" radiator fan shroud for my 68 Barracuda with a 340. The part is 2785614, does anyone know who might sell the brackets required to mount the shroud to the rad for this setup. Or do I need to fabricate something.

As far as I know some rads were made for shrouds and some weren 't mounting holes are on the rads that were.

68 baracuda without max cooling or a/c part #2898028 With max cooling or a/c #2949068 my guess would be 2 rad # would have shroud. These are the original # for 68 yours could have been replaced. # is on top left or rad if you let me know before Saturday morn will look up will be out till wed after that.

What is the number on the radiater you have ? The -614 shroud is correct for your 68 model.

I bought a shroud from Mancini and radiator form Griffin. They went together without doing anything except put the bolts / nuts in. Are you sure you have the correct shroud?

The radiator part number is #2785965, its a three core rad, it came out of a 340 Dart. Its possible this rad never can with the shroud in the first place. I still think I can fabricate brackets to make the shroud work with this rad. I wonder if the long side brackets for B,C or E body with a 22" rad would work.

Thanks cudaspaz, I think that's the direction I need to go, I'm sure many others have had this same rad problem and have done just that.

If the -325 shroud or whatever is correct for that radiater you might fins someone willing to trade for the -614. Good luck either way.

I've got a set of brackets and not sure what they fit. I'll see if I can't get a picture this afternoon.

Thanks 65 Dartman that would be great.

OK here's the pictures of the unknown shroud to radiator brackets. If you (or anyone else) can use them, let me know and we can go from there.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Hi 65 Dartman, these brakets unfortunately are too long, they are definitely for a larger shroud which leads me to believe maybe a 26" rad. Thank you for your time and effort.

-
Back