Sad to see at work today

-

Sport 360

MOPAR Lover
Reaction score
Even though its a Challenger it's still not pleasant to see.
Wasn't his fault at least, another car turned right in front without yielding.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 659
That'll buff right out.

Airbag deployment and the front end is swung. Fairly easy repair judging by the photo (but you never know what's hiding without looking).

If it wasn't for the Airbag (and all related components needing to be replaced), It could be saved.

My guess is it's a total unless it's a 2012 or 2013.

the thing with something like that is that you can walk down the street and buy another. At least it wasn't an old car.

When you buying it off of the insurance company? :thumleft:

I totally agree, this is just a cookie cutter. Our cars are special..

I see where you're coming from, but 30-40 years from now, they won't be, and there will probably be a rabid bunch of enthusiasts that will think "oh crap!" just like we do when we see old shots of smashed up Mopars from back in the day.

I see where you're coming from, but 30-40 years from now, they won't be, and there will probably be a rabid bunch of enthusiasts that will think "oh crap!" just like we do when we see old shots of smashed up Mopars from back in the day.

I think your right,our children and grandchildren will be re-storing these cars in another 20+ plus.

Even though they are New cars I really like them.

Hope everybody was okay. Looks like they were.

I don't have a crystal ball but I do see the writing on the wall so to speak.
The interest slash love affair with the automobile is slowly dying. I wont go into the all the reasons for it here. I will say I don't expect todays cars to be around 30 years from now.
My grand daughter may still drive my 67 once in a while 20 years from now. She'll be hard pressed to find any sort of gathering of folks with a common interest. More likely to be laughed at than admired on the streets.

I don't have a crystal ball but I do see the writing on the wall so to speak.
The interest slash love affair with the automobile is slowly dying. I wont go into the all the reasons for it here. I will say I don't expect todays cars to be around 30 years from now.
My grand daughter may still drive my 67 once in a while 20 years from now. She'll be hard pressed to find any sort of gathering of folks with a common interest. More likely to be laughed at than admired on the streets.

I don't totally agree with your logic on this.
So what you are saying is that say a 1947 car today is probably laughed at and not admired on the street? And also without a gathering of folks with a common interest?
Been to a car show lately?
There is lots of clubs and support for cars from model T's to the new SRT Challengers.
It's a niche thing like FABO.
I do agree that cars are primarily transportation vehicles these days, but haven't they always been?
Our beloved A-Bodies were designed to be cheap throw away cars from the start, not collector cars.
What i do see is a general lack of interest for 100% originality these days on all cars.
However, on the other hand, you could be 100% correct in your assumptions.

I think there is as much passion for the late model cars as there always was. Go to any Mopar show and there are a bunch of late model Challengers, Vipers, Prowlers, and even SRT cars and trucks. Those owners are as passionate as we are. tmm

the biggest difference: if we have a carb problem, we rebuild it. If 40+ years from now the EFI quits in your '10 Challenger- forget it.
I doubt the ability and support is going to be there to fix things like that.

Hey, where do you think all the 5.7's in the hotrod world come from?

My Dad is a TV repair man He has an awesome set of tool. We can fix this.

Ouch. Not his fault. Hopefully its totaled.

30 or 40 years from now, your children will be wondering why the rear side windows don't roll down like they done on the original cars 30 or 40 years earlier than that cookie cutter design..

And BTW, this is an A-Body forum for real cars made 30 or 40 years ago and I see the difference..

30 or 40 years from now, your children will be wondering why the rear side windows don't roll down like they done on the original cars 30 or 40 years earlier than that cookie cutter design..

And BTW, this is an A-Body forum for real cars made 30 or 40 years ago and I see the difference..

And I'm sure the Model T guys thought the same thing when a bodies were new. Relax. You don't like the new Challengers, fine. Some of us do.

betcha that challenger would smoke any of these "real" cars that are 40 yrs old...braking performance, handling, top speed, everything.. they leave us in the dust.

I don't totally agree with your logic on this.
So what you are saying is that say a 1947 car today is probably laughed at and not admired on the street? And also without a gathering of folks with a common interest?
Been to a car show lately?
There is lots of clubs and support for cars from model T's to the new SRT Challengers.
It's a niche thing like FABO.
I do agree that cars are primarily transportation vehicles these days, but haven't they always been?
Our beloved A-Bodies were designed to be cheap throw away cars from the start, not collector cars.
What i do see is a general lack of interest for 100% originality these days on all cars.
However, on the other hand, you could be 100% correct in your assumptions.

I just got home from a huge local event. Everything from the new backward 3 wheeler things, to rat rods, to new vettes. Yes the love is still alive today but not in good health.
A hand full of retro muscle cars, a nice looking chick driving in nascar, 600+ horse power sports cars, all valiant efforts to keep the love alive. My opinion is it wont survive. I've been wrong before.

Airbag deployment and the front end is swung. Fairly easy repair judging by the photo (but you never know what's hiding without looking).

If it wasn't for the Airbag (and all related components needing to be replaced), It could be saved.

My guess is it's a total unless it's a 2012 or 2013.

It was brand new, only 160 miles on the odometer !!

betcha that challenger would smoke any of these "real" cars that are 40 yrs old...braking performance, handling, top speed, everything.. they leave us in the dust.

I have to disagree. First our a bodies are a hell of alot lighter than the new breed of "muscle cars", secondly every time I have seen new vs. old drag racing the old school spanked the **** out of the new. Today with all the companies out there you can make the older muscle handle or brake just as well as the new and doing it with less weight as I have stated earlier.Today's cars are plug and play whereas ours take alittle more skill to tune. I will always favor old school over the plastic cookie cutters they put out today.

It was brand new, only 160 miles on the odometer !!

I bet it will be repaired, given that information.

And here is where a good shop and a professional, quality conscious repair technician matter.

That is going to be parts replacement with some frame alignment tossed in. I could have it done in a couple days (+ time for the SRS system replacement and paint).

When the customer got it back, the repair would be invisible. All fasteners back in the correct locations, everything re-assembled as per the factory, frame and panel alignment back to factory specs.

You wouldn't know it was in an accident by looking at it or by driving it.

People here take a 40 year old, rusted out car and restore it into a beautiful piece of art, something better than it ever was new.
Let me tell you...... Restoring a 2013 Challenger where all you need to do is call the dealer for parts is easy.

-
Back