Safe max RPM for bone stock 5.9 magnum

-
I’d say, just because it is an American based company, it doesn’t mean it’s made in America. Today, I was behind a
Japanese trick where the name was painted in the American flag. Made in America truck where all the profit goes back to Japan.

Oh how the lines get blurry!

If the parts come from Japan, then assembled in America, is it really American made? Is it an American product?

Yea the waters are muddy for sure. But I will continue to support MSD products, they have always been awesome for me.

Wish I had the same experience as that. All but one have been absolutely **** bags of garbage.

I’d say, just because it is an American based company, it doesn’t mean it’s made in America. Today, I was behind a
Japanese trick where the name was painted in the American flag. Made in America truck where all the profit goes back to Japan.

Oh how the lines get blurry!

If the parts come from Japan, then assembled in America, is it really American made? Is it an American product?
It's corporate greed. They say that they can't make money so they go over seas, take away employees retirement health care benefits and retirement benefits and replace it with a 401k, the 401k was suppose to be a addition to your retirement, it wasn't meant to be your retirement. If a company can't afford to pay retirement benefits, the same needs to apply to ALL of management.

F58FF5D6-DBA3-40F9-8E51-5FCAC3DF10C0.jpeg

The speedmaster ports didn’t line up great. I filled the hole with right stuff and it’s been holding. Thankfully it didn’t leak into the engine. I finally found an edelbrock magnum intake from an unlikely source, my local oriellys!
In the meantime it’s still holding together after all kinds of abuse.

O’Reillys had a Edelbrock Magnum RPM intake manifold?

It's corporate greed. They say that they can't make money so they go over seas, take away employees retirement health care benefits and retirement benefits and replace it with a 401k, the 401k was suppose to be a addition to your retirement, it wasn't meant to be your retirement. If a company can't afford to pay retirement benefits, the same needs to apply to ALL of management.
Oh Lordy. Seriously? Your telling me how the $$$ works?
Thanks but no thanks Dan, I am not 12 years old.

O’Reillys had a Edelbrock Magnum RPM intake manifold?
That is correct. I looked everywhere online. When I clicked the shopping button oriellys popped up. I searched my local store and boom! (I don’t have it in my possession yet, it could still be phantom inventory)

Oh Lordy. Seriously? Your telling me how the $$$ works?
Thanks but no thanks Dan, I am not 12 years old.
I didn't say that you were 12 years old. What's wrong with me stating not only my opinion but a fact, does it bother you because you are of upper management?

T
View attachment 1715937551
The speedmaster ports didn’t line up great. I filled the hole with right stuff and it’s been holding. Thankfully it didn’t leak into the engine. I finally found an edelbrock magnum intake from an unlikely source, my local oriellys!
In the meantime it’s still holding together after all kinds of abuse.

This is why I won't buy the knock off brands. By the time you spend money on fixing the imperfections you could've bought a name brand

I didn't say that you were 12 years old. What's wrong with me stating not only my opinion but a fact, does it bother you because you are of upper management?
Here’s the thing Dan. You quoted my post, went on a rant on how things work as if I have no clue how the world works in a thread on MoPars, your political comment is out of wack. Addressing me in such a fashion without warrant any in a manor I don’t address others with (via the quote) is a bit messed up.

The “Upper Management” comment is something I don’t understand not a position I hold. If that’s your view, I can not fathom how you come to this conclusion which is assumption on your behalf.

Since you quoted me, this addresses me. Since you addressed me and made that comment, you comes from a point that you projected that I have no idea on how things work on the statement you gave.

Next time you quote me, address what I said, not your opinion on a off topic thought.

I know you did t say you thought I was 12 YO. You did t write that. To say I said you said when it is in plain site of what you wrote is an I’ll attempt to sling **** on me and out me on the defensive. Obviously you are on the defensive. I’ll not play the woke left side childish mind set of crap attempts to redirect some sort of blame game bully call out from a ridiculous dirty *** wipe mentality from a adolescent acting adult.

Should you wish to continue to communicate, be sure the adult in your head is typing. Be on topic and constructive. Take the political bologna to the politic section.

Last edited:
Here’s the thing Dan. You quoted my post, went on a rant on how things work as if I have no clue how the world works in a thread on MoPars, your political comment is out of wack. Addressing me in such a fashion without warrant any in a manor I don’t address others with (via the quote) is a bit messed up.

The “Upper Management” comment is something I don’t understand not a position I hold. If that’s your view, I can not fathom how you come to this conclusion which is assumption on your behalf.

Since you quoted me, this addresses me. Since you addressed me and made that comment, you comes from a point that you projected that I have no idea on how things work on the statement you gave.

Next time you quote me, address what I said, not your opinion on a off topic thought.
SORRY rumblefish 360. I was out of line and I apologize sir. I didn't mean anything directly to you and again I apologize. I'm sticking to cars.

NO worries Dan! Let the MoPar talk reign and nice again!

I shift mine (200,000 miles) at 55-5600 rpm's just because that's where it likes it, but I've had it to 6k multiple times no issues. I wouldn't fret a bit at 6k. That's with a small regrind cam and hughes spring kit. However, the bottom end is untouched
I don't know if this is of topic or not but I read in my How to build big inch mopars that the oil pick up tube is smaller in diameter were it threads into the oil pump body, is this true and does it cause any oil flow problems to the oil pump? They recommend using a bottom pick up tube

The diameter is a flow restriction. It’s not an issue until you start making some power. And I don’t mean 400/450, I mean some POWER. There are solutions to a BB oiling should one go that far.

I don't know if this is of topic or not but I read in my How to build big inch mopars that the oil pick up tube is smaller in diameter were it threads into the oil pump body, is this true and does it cause any oil flow problems to the oil pump? They recommend using a bottom pick up tube
No issue with a stock oiling system whatsoever in a mild small block.

I've read 5,000-5500. 2001 engine, speedmaster intake, 750 holley, dougs d453's
I'm using an old MSD 6al box and currently have a 6000rpm chip. Wondering what chip I need to purchase just to be safe? Thanks
HOW MUCH OIL PRESSURE DOU HAVE ?10 LBS OF OIL PRESSURE FOR EVERY 1000 RPM's FOLLOW THAT RULE & U WILL NEVR SPIN A BEARING ITS A OLD RAM CHARGERS RULE but its good insurances

HOW MUCH OIL PRESSURE DOU HAVE ?10 LBS OF OIL PRESSURE FOR EVERY 1000 RPM's FOLLOW THAT RULE & U WILL NEVR SPIN A BEARING ITS A OLD RAM CHARGERS RULE but its good insurances

I was under the assumption that it would float the valves and bend pushrods before running into bearing issues
shruggy.gif
(hence everyone's recommendation that replacing the valve springs is priority #1)

Yep! Once you floor it and find that ceiling, you’ll get it really quick.

B4CA0DBD-ED30-430B-8CFF-992B06B4FCB3.jpeg
1665972E-CDCD-4B94-A904-919E879CF83E.jpeg
9285EB72-A32A-4A9A-A685-77B71806415D.jpeg

7114C675-7BE9-4153-82D3-3B47B0FBAB41.jpeg

Bypass hose angle isn’t ideal :poke:
Paid $20 to get one of the ports opened up for my temp gauge. Also picked up a new water neck/thermostat because I guess they’re different also and the one that came with it was rusted pretty bad.

Last edited:
-
Back