Saturday 4-22-23 - I'll take anything better than 12.90's

-
The 90 pounds you removed is from an area of the car that provides your traction. That's why plastic back windows, fiberglass trunk lids, and rear fiberglass bumpers are not the best choices unless you have a 4-link or adjustable suspension. Sometimes actually adding rear weight will make a car go faster even though it increases the overall weight of the vehicle.

Hopefully it allows you to run faster, but I know a lot of example where guys slowed down removing rear weight.

Tom
Absolutely true, but sometimes you are limited in were you can pull the weight from. I’m very traction limited, but my rear seat back weighed 50 lbs, it now weighs 10. I was worried about it being directly over the axle, but no ill effects for me. Went from 1.68 60’ to 1.60 60’ after pulling 100 lbs out. The rear seat back being the biggest reduction. Also, I’m pretty power limited, a bit like 318willrun, so we feel that weight all the way down. I would rather work getting it to hook, than carry it.

Last edited:
I just may have a fun little "twist" that's been added, trying to utilize the extra week. Depends on when the package arrives and what time I have available before Saturday :)

Looking forward to the next YouTube video ... Love your channel certainly gave me a few ideas for my 71 duster .

I just may have a fun little "twist" that's been added, trying to utilize the extra week. Depends on when the package arrives and what time I have available before Saturday :)

You need some of those blue psss pssssss lights like JPar had and wore out.

They lowered the rain % from 80 to 20% rain on Saturday. Looks like we might get on "track" yet..... I think we'll bring this AVS2 and see how it runs "out of the box" against the Brawler ootb. Should be fun.

AS of 12:30 pm Central Time, Forcast for the track is: Rain % is back up to 64% with 48% humidity and 19 mph wind. That is the prediction :(

Trailer is hooked to the van, I washed the car, put fresh gas in it, and put it back in the storage shed "just in case". But I'm doubtful.

We are loading up and heading down. I don't like the weather, but we are going to try. as of 9 am, it's 36% chance of rain, 90% humidity and 13 mph wind. actual temp is suppose to reach 56 degrees F. High humidity and cool temps will be interesting to see how it hooks up.... We'll see how it goes.

We are loading up and heading down. I don't like the weather, but we are going to try. as of 9 am, it's 36% chance of rain, 90% humidity and 13 mph wind. actual temp is suppose to reach 56 degrees F. We'll see how it goes.
Good luck. I hope the weather holds out for you.

12.86 best time, 105.73 best MPH. So yep, the 90 lbs moved us off the 12.96!!

So was it the carburetor or the weight?
The air?...
well, if it hooks, weight will lower the ET. It hooked.... I'm not so sure the 4779 DP wouldn't have even run a tad quicker.... as it was tuned for this car.

-
Back