Saw A New Camaro On The Road...

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
... on my way home from work today. A new black SS. Nice looking, but a little too 'edgy' for my taste. The Challenger is sooo much better looking.
No pics 'cause I was on my motorcycle - no spare hand to snap a pic with my cell phone!
I didn't even know the Camaro's were released to the market yet.

Too bad the Challenger will come with a Fiat badge affixed to it soon enough.

One tried to peel past the house today. We live between the showroom and the service department of one of THOSE dealers, and the lot jockeys like to romp on 'em at the corner stop sign. It made all sorts of go fast noises (V6 style) but it wasn't moving any faster than Hester (my slant 6 Valiant) can muster on a bad day. Uglier than Grandma's cooter to boot. This one ain't gonna save GM.

It looks like it's smiling. How many generations is that now? It's like bad B movie sequels. Camaro1 Camaro2 Camaro3 Camaro4 Camaro5 Camaro6... A never ending story.

lol just about many different versions as the pustang.

Not to hijack, but I drove a customer's Bullitt Mustang the other day and liked the **** out of it. It's a tasteful car that's not over the top gaudy.

The Camaro on the the other hand is hideous. But I'm sure the Cheby guys are lining up to throw their money at it.

hey i saw one on the road about 3 or 4 weeks ago.. i was told they have a few demo's out they to go from dealer to dealer... for people to see.. hey but who knows if thats true or not.. your right... dosen't look like a camaro first of all... dosen't look as good as the challenger or the ( sorry guy the mustang) it should go the way of the tin indian

My neighbor is a slowtie guy, he's taking delivery on one in two weeks. He ordered it 2 years ago when business/life was good but said there's no turning back now. I'll post pics when he gets it.

One tried to peel past the house today. We live between the showroom and the service department of one of THOSE dealers, and the lot jockeys like to romp on 'em at the corner stop sign. It made all sorts of go fast noises (V6 style) but it wasn't moving any faster than Hester (my slant 6 Valiant) can muster on a bad day. Uglier than Grandma's cooter to boot. This one ain't gonna save GM.

Enjoying that new Electronic ignition on that 225/ aren't ya :toothy7:
I bet Hester moves swiftly if my 170 feels good your 225 must feel real good.:-k

Parked next to a new Camaro RS at the restaurant last night. No camera with me, sorry. While it is a neat car, neither my wife or I could muster up any kind of emotion about it. It just does not get your blood boiling (you know the way you look at a really hot girl or a cool muscle car?) You can feel your pulse quicken and your blood pressure rise at first sight.
that's the way I felt when I saw the new Mustang and then again with the Challenger. A 68 Chevelle ragtop came into the parkingl lot while we were eating and the Camaro just blended in to the background. Anyway, we ended up speaking to the older couple who had just driven the car off the lot and come straight to the restaurant, listened to them start up (MAJOR disappointment with the exhaust note!) then followed them down the road for a while. Like i said, nice car but it won't save GM.

Parked next to a new Camaro RS at the restaurant last night. No camera with me, sorry. While it is a neat car, neither my wife or I could muster up any kind of emotion about it.
Kinda hard to about any of them cause of the way this country is headin

now those new cameros(boring) my gf bought me a model of 1 just cause it was a dollar so i put it together was thinking about strapping m80's to it but nah .the only good years of cameros inmy mind correct me if im wrong is 60's and 80's,challanger rules!

The new Camaro has been a Concept for the longest time. I think Chevrolet now holds a new record for Longest Concept Hype. It's about time one was spotted. The Challenger came out in the nic of time if you ask me. With all this Green crap floating around the Gov. is gunna kill the muscle cars yet AGAIN..
Glad I got my Barracuda when I did.

Pfft, so they test the top of the line Crumaro to a 5.7 Challanger R/T? Bogus. They should have just tested the V6 cars and been done with it.

x2 thats some bull you know what. Why the hell do they use the 426 hp (so they say) camaro but use the 5.7 challenger. They should have at least used the srt challenger to make the numbers fair but hey just like always they have to make us mopar guys look bad by throwing much worse numbers on us.

Interesting this issue is being brought up, I just looked that new Motor Trend and they compared the Challenger R/T, Camaro SS and the Mustang GT. Camaro got first place, Mustang got second place and Challenger got third place. Sad thing is the Mustang kept up with the Challenger in the 0-60 and 1/4 mile despite only having 315 hp vs the Challengers 376. Challenger lagged the other two in handling and braking although the SRT package would have closed the gap for sure. One repeated complaint is that the damn car is just too heavy at 4154 lbs compared to the other two cars, Mustang at 3572, and 3859 lbs for the Camaro. That extra weight really kills it on all performance fronts, Chrysler (RIP) should have ditched the cast iron block for aluminum, among other little things that could have probably knocked the weight down a few hundred lbs.

WOW....alot of haters here, lol!

I know, I know...this is a MOPAR site after all.

They are looking at these cars from an all around perspective, i.e. styling, ergonomics, HANDLING, acceleration etc...Not just straight line and the Challenger IS the heaviest of the three so you have to factor alot of the short comings into that fact....sorry!

I like both the new Challenger and the new Camaro. But I would never buy either of them. I would rather restore/build and drive an old muscle car than be car poor for a new one that looses half its value in a couple years. Our old cars will always be more unique, because they aren't making any more of them.

Apples to apples and oranges to oranges.......camaro's just suck ...period....no matter how they dress it up and no matter what bogus statistics they claim......I have a friend with a new chally rt runs mid 12's consitently, driven everyday............lots of claims and bull shifters.....always has been,always will, I have looked at all three personally and the chally is by far the best...............of course I may be a little partial.............craparo looks like a caviler from behind.........mustangs dont look to bad, really retained old look........but the challys are just plain bad *** looking and even though they may be heavier they still have lots of potential and they aint no slouch.....some very quick ones around here............will be fun kickin their asses...............

-
Back