SB mopar Victor heads

-
Oh, so can you run the P-7 MP head on a production block?

I'm not familiar with the P-7 head. Some heads are designed for 48° blocks and others are designed for stock 59° blocks.

those bolt holes look awful low in relation to the exhaust ports.
are header gasket blow outs common with this style head? ( I realize these were just released )

so what exhaust do you run? They are not even W2 pattern? W5? These look very close.

attachment.php

attachment.php

s-l1000.jpg

TTI is making the headers for this head and A bodies....1 7/8 step to 2" with a 3.5" collector.
With their 3/8 flanges, shouldn't be any problem with gasket sealing but we'll see...

curious to see the flow numbers on these

Intake flow#'s on 4.030 bore:

.100 70
.200 145
.300 221
.400 282
.500 310
.600 330
.700 345
.800 356
.900 363
1.00 367

No welding, they are cnc ported and the ports measure out very good IMO. On the bigger bore, they topped out at 385cfm at 1.00".
So far I'm liking them, but they are HEAVY!! All the whiners who hate cast iron heads for their weight are gonna feel pain in the lower region but all well ;-)

What rockers are you going to use?

TD will offer both a single shaft kit for the heads OOTB, and also a bar design with individual rockers which is what we'll be testing...and the pedestals have to be cut down to use the bar setup.

We are also working on a budget stainless rocker setup with 1.7/1.6 ratios available but won't know for sure if that'll work until we mock them up on my block here...
We'll be mocking up for solid roller, hyd. roller, 48° lifter bores, and testing our rocker kit.

It'll be a couple of weeks before we know all of this as TD has one head and CP has the other...CP will offer this piston in their Bullet line in dish, flat top, and dome version.

Brian

Can't wait for you to get them sorted , I'll be saving my duckies for a set of these to replace the RHS heads you put on my motor , Yes I am ready for more power .

So those have to go on a R-5 block? I see it has a bottom row of bolts.
A bottom row of bolt holes does not automatically mean 48* block. The can be cut off for a standard block/standard header if it gets in the way.

so what exhaust do you run? They are not even W2 pattern? W5? These look very close.
There modeled after the W5 exhaust. The intake boots are wider, AKA, W5, as per the advertisements.

A bottom row of bolt holes does not automatically mean 48* block. The can be cut off for a standard block/standard header if it gets in the way.

There modeled after the W5 exhaust. The intake boots are wider, AKA, W5, as per the advertisements.

The Intake is STD. LA....

Will there any piston issues with say just the average scat 4 inch rotating assembly

Normal Pistons have valve reliefs for 18*'s (stock)
These have 15* valves. There could be an issue.

Thanks for the correction on the intake issue.

-
Back