SB Pulley Help Please

-
I HAVE a BPE4011 single groove crank pulley that came on a crate engine that I bought. I need the water pump pulley similar to what Joe has posted above (the chrome one). A member has PM'd me with what we think is the correct pulley.

I'm going to buy a singe wire alternator from Summit that comes with the single groove pulley.

tff-7509resp_w.jpg

Summit Tuff Stuff link

Stay with me guys, we'll get this mess straightened out!

Joe knows his pulley set ups. I read a lot of threads where he helped others. I just didn't want to single him out and ask a bunch of questions. Thanks Joe and everyone else who has chimed in this thread!

Joe knows his pulley set ups. I read a lot of threads where he helped others. I just didn't want to single him out and ask a bunch of questions. Thanks Joe and everyone else who has chimed in this thread!

lol.. i know my 70-up small blocks pretty well from years of messing with them.. some big block but not so much.

I had three members who were going to look for this pulley and I haven't heard from anyone? I really don't want to pay BPE $60 for this pulley...

I have a few of those used 2951836 single groove water pump pulleys. The first run 70-early71 of those did not have the number stamped in them i believe in late 71 or early 1972 they started putting the numbers on that particular pulley. Priced from $15-$35 if 4spdragtop or the others who are looking don't get you fixed up PM me for pics and shipping cost

Thanks! I do have a member who is fairly close to me who is looking and we've done deals in the past. If he doesn't come through, I'll get in touch with you.

Sorry I never answered back Brian. Had a carpenter show up to do some work for me Monday morn. and it took a lot longer than I expected and was tied up so tonight is the first time I've had a chance to even log on for 2 days to check messages. I actually looked for my box of pulleys tuesday but didn't come up with them. Was planning on looking more Wednesday but things have been so hectic with remodeling the kitchen I've got my garage in a mess and can't seem to find anything. I'm finally caught up and have the # written down so tomorrow I'll get out and get things straightened out and find them and let you know if I have the one you need.

Brian I found my pulley's and sorry but I don't have that one. The one I thought was for the new style water pump apparently is for the old style (it measures 6-3/8" o.d. by about 2-1/2" deep). I thought it didn't mate up to the crank pulley I had because the crank pulley was from a big block but it looks like I had 2 reasons why it didn't work. Good luck finding what you need.

Brian,
I looked thru my barn and only found a single, crank pulley.
I will look thru the upstairs of the barn some time this week, I should have one.
I know by looking at the pulley which one you need.
I currently have 5 1971 up small blocks with all accessorys running.

I can get Lori to dig if you still need it. I havent asked her as it sounded like someone closer to you had one.

No, hold on. I still have a couple of closer leads. Thanks though!

Brian thanks for posting BPEs link as i needed the correct pulleys for my 318 build the same as your chasing and i had no choice but to get the both crank and water pump pulleys.For some reason i couldn't check out on that site but Mancini is a outlet as well but were a little more expensive.They should land here next week. :thumbup:

-
Back