Not open for further replies.

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all, had a bit of adrenaline rush with throttle stuck on at about 40 mph. On a frickin causeway of all places. Not sure if it's starting to fray inside or not?? I put a bigger return spring on it lol.
Anyway looking for another one. Dont wanna push my luck.
Thanks
Steve

Yep, clamped properly. Once I pulled over and popped hood, I barely touched linkage and the return spring pulled back to idle position. Nothing binding, I'm thinking a slight fray on inside of sheath. A heavier spring went on lol.
Jus a question; was your throttle cable properly clamped on the slip-ferule part of the cable at that location?

Mine was doing that too. I replaced it with a 24” Lokar black vinyl cable. It felt like stepping in butter compared to the popping and binding that it was doing.

Thanks, I prefer the OEM look for most things vs aftermarket, but I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
Mine was doing that too. I replaced it with a 24” Lokar black vinyl cable. It felt like stepping in butter compared to the popping and binding that it was doing.

I had the original /6 cable fray and stick on my car accelerating onto RT 22 in NJ - very exciting. Tap agiain and rpm went up. foot on the brake move over 3 lanes and turn the key to off.
Anyway. Yes you need to know the way the cable clips into the firewall. IIRC '67 is a U clip or E-clip and the later ones are a plastic prong into a square hole. That's my story, but I won't stick to it if its wrong.

Thanks Matt, lol, yeah I tapped the pedal a couple times, no workee, got adrenaline going tho...I didnt realize that there were those differences in the pedal end of the cable. Ours is a 67 for sure as it has the concave U-clip.
I had the original /6 cable fray and stick on my car accelerating onto RT 22 in NJ - very exciting. Tap agiain and rpm went up. foot on the brake move over 3 lanes and turn the key to off.
Anyway. Yes you need to know the way the cable clips into the firewall. IIRC '67 is a U clip or E-clip and the later ones are a plastic prong into a square hole. That's my story, but I won't stick to it if its wrong.

BTW, all those 3 Kendog170 posted look to have the correct firewall end. Clip looks slightly different, but the end is round as is my oem one?

I think I might have what you're looking for Steve. It measured just over 19".

20231107_201340.jpg

20231107_201336.jpg

Steve - does this set up have a slotted end on the kickdown rod at the carb stud. I can't remember which year they made the switch 66 or 67...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back