SB vs BB who wins?

-
I have 1 more 73 400 block, I'm going to try grab a few more if they come up.
1 has a mainline crack and I use it for mock up but I'll do some experimenting with it also in the future.
I'm going to build the best of the 2 and hook up a friend I met on here with the other 400. Any idea what the limit is one boing one out? I try to bore as little as possible and I intend on sonic testing them as soon as they get here but figured with your experience you have a good idea.

Detonation or worse, pre-ignition, are the jack-hammers that break sh*t more than anything else....barring mechanical defects/poor assy./harmonic damping/ balance issues. Loooong before straight-up output will.

I'm going to build the best of the 2 and hook up a friend I met on here with the other 400. Any idea what the limit is one boing one out? I try to bore as little as possible and I intend on sonic testing them as soon as they get here but figured with your experience you have a good idea.
Mine is a 4.375 bore. So .033 over and a great piston selection. I have 3.91 stroke, 6.70 rods and 1.320 ch pistons.
Have them sonic tested for sure.

Mine is a 4.375 bore. So .033 over and a great piston selection. I have 3.91 stroke, 6.70 rods and 1.320 ch pistons.
Have them sonic tested for sure.
Thanks. I'm looking for a solid 3.6" crank for my street build. I'll let this get back on topic. Thank you for your help.

Can you make one for Tim, doesn't he have a Yellow 73 Dart, I think Yellowtoad would make for a good plate for him.
I'm very sure he'd like it. :D
You mean Yellowtard? lol

Detonation or worse, pre-ignition, are the jack-hammers that break sh*t more than anything else....barring mechanical defects/poor assy./harmonic damping/ balance issues. Loooong before straight-up output will.
I agree 100%, BUT, once again that's "something else" causing the failure. Not the block itself.

The difference and the reason why I have always been into 440s and not small blocks is cost per hp. you can build a 550 hp 550 tq 440 for considerable less money than a small block making the same power.

The difference and the reason why I have always been into 440s and not small blocks is cost per hp. you can build a 550 hp 550 tq 440 for considerable less money than a small block making the same power.
....and do it with iron heads.

Yes they do. That’s why I suggest small blocks for guys that want to run 9.50’s or slower. Things get a little tight in there.

View attachment 1716183907

View attachment 1716183908

View attachment 1716183909

View attachment 1716183910
I fully understand the whole tight fit thing...
Boss Mag Pic.jpg

-
Back