SBP wheel spacer

-

63TOAD

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for wheel spacers for SBP to SBP
wheels? I need a half inch spacers to clear my rear springs.
I really don't want to relocate springs at this time. Any help
or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

If all you need is a spacer Summit Racing has them in stock. I did the same thing before I had new rims made. They don't cost much.

Those don't come in SBP unfortunately , there is a company out there but they are hard to find , I ended up with a 3/8 thick or maybe it was only 5/16 -something odd like that because thats all that was available at the time .I'll look for my receipt .
PS the 5x100mm Ford/Japanese car units don't fit right .

There is a few companies that make a 1 inch thick spacer but that was too much for my use .

The ones I got the slots were so big I ground a little bit out and they fit fine. Didn't take much.

Last edited:
Many years ago they were available in .250 thicknesses and you just stacked them up as many as you needed. Of course the wheels were no longer hub-centric, but many styles weren't in the first place. The universal ones IIRC, had a habit of working the lug-nuts loose.
I had a pair of steel rallys with the wrong bs.. I had a wheel shop move the spiders for me. It didn't cost me that much.
For minor adjustments, on the rear,I have used large farm washers, with just the right size holes so the lugnuts hold their torque.

Yup, 5x100 spacers will work just fine
Assuming it IS spacers you want and not adapters

good luck finding either , like I said finding any actual stock after you locate the one of the very few outfits that claim to have them is like finding hens teeth , I did a search of several outfits that sounded familiar yesterday after I couldnt find the receipt for mine and only found 1 spacer available, it was cast and only available in 1/8 inch thickness .
I'm cleaning out the garage right now so I will keep looking for the invoice or the packaging.

I wasnt aware SBP spacers were not made, and i might be needing some 0.25" ones shortly. I have a buddy who works at a machine shop and has CNC/lathe access and i will probably have him make me some. Would there be interest in a small run of these?

its a cost thing there are the 1/2 inch adapyers that can be used as spacers but tbe cost for a pair is kind of steep .

I found a pair of original spacers when cleaning the garage. I think they are only about 1/4 inch thick though. I could take a pic and measure them.

I would sure appreciate that and a price
I am having a set of half inch spacers
at a local machine shop. Never hurts to
have a spare set as I will be ordering
NEW tires soon. Thanks alot Jerry

I finally remembered to take a picture of the spacers. These are from the 1970's. They are made by Cragar and have a Part number29124 on them. The highlighted area on the front says Dart, Barracuda, Valiant. They are 1/4 inch thick. The other bolt patterns say Corvair and Pinto, Maverick, Vega.

spacers.jpg

I finally remembered to take a picture of the spacers. These are from the 1970's. They are made by Cragar and have a Part number29124 on them. The highlighted area on the front says Dart, Barracuda, Valiant. They are 1/4 inch thick. The other bolt patterns say Corvair and Pinto, Maverick, Vega.

View attachment 1715184650

Thanks so much. I had some made and experienced
rub on the the top of inner fenders. Well now I think
I have a set of Centerline wheels to sell.

Thanks so much. I had some made and experienced
rub on the the top of inner fenders. Well now I think
I have a set of Centerline wheels to sell.
what tire did you try ? I have 275/60/15s that are 27.76 inches tall and they clear with ss springs , they also sell the tires I use in a 275/50/15 that is 24.5 inches tall on the same rim .

My wheel studs barely go through the lug nuts, maybe 1 thread through. Adding a 0.25" spacer would make it so the studs don't fully go through the nuts. What are you guys doing?

This is all on a stock '67 7.25 rear

-
Back