Scammer

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The engine is matching number but has J heads.

Not sure what the issue is there. A 70 340 could have either X or J heads on it. More likely to have J heads as they were the parts for the 70 model year. Some 70 340's even had an X on one side and a J on the other.

Not sure what the issue is there. A 70 340 could have either X or J heads on it. More likely to have J heads as they were the parts for the 70 model year. Some 70 340's even had an X on one side and a J on the other.
Ya I know that. That isn't the issues

The engine is matching number but has J heads. I pulled rf fender and the correct numbers are there so at least that's right. I debated on even saying anything because I believe we all bare some responsibility I'm just saying watch out and be very through when buying from someone

I think an J on a 70 340 did happen on factory cars. The J is really an O that's cutout with machining.

70 340 six pack ARR/challengers have "J" heads. It might be a early vs late 1970 thing.

I'd have to pull the head and ck the valves. It was all the loose parts the new gear box that's gone I posted all of it.

The engine is matching number but has J heads. I pulled rf fender and the correct numbers are there so at least that's right. I debated on even saying anything because I believe we all bare some responsibility I'm just saying watch out and be very through when buying from someone

Very good point. And really all cars bought that are "restored" should be gone through heavily. In the thread I linked to above CudaLou said he spent half a day looking at a car Cmekallm was selling and then made an offer on the car.

Numbers cut out of the trunk oh loose bumpers worn interior gauges don't work etc. said he placed the heater core. He did not. Didn't even give me the one he said was in the trunk. And the screwed up title not in his name and signed in the wrong place

I don't think you should accuse someone of being a scammer when you're unhappy with the car that you checked out and bought anyway.
Do you read English? I said I like the car but there is stuff missing and the title is jacked. I debated even saying anything so that's why waited and I keep finding more wrong. I love the car I'm saying he wasn't totally honest and I did not ck it out in person I relied on his honesty

Sorry but:

Caveat emptor

ca·ve·at emp·tor
ˌkavēˌät ˈem(p)ˌtôr/
noun
  1. the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.

This is the thread?

[FOR SALE] - 1970 DODGE DART SWINGER 340 4 SPD

Now, I don't want to sound like a dick here, but that thread is from 3 months ago. How come you waited until now?
Because I debated even saying something. And the title had put me over the edge His brother in law said it had a new gear box and I wondered how the aligned the car with a very loose box on it than I realized he took it off and judging by all the other loose stuff it now makes sense

Sorry but:

Caveat emptor

ca·ve·at emp·tor
ˌkavēˌät ˈem(p)ˌtôr/
noun
  1. the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.
I'm in another state I've had people call me on cars and I was totally honest. It's called having honor. I've driven to other states to look at cars they said were great and they were junk. I'm talking about 27k cars not a 4 door valiant

Thanks for spreading the word. Everyone on this thread is trying to help. No need to be pissed at people wanting to help. If yer done with the site so be it. Go
See who else will wanna help.

I don't think you should accuse someone of being a scammer when you're unhappy with the car that you checked out and bought anyway.
So what do you have to say about a title that I can't get fixed because he didn't legally own the car

It sounds like he's unraveling more and more stuff as he dives into the car. When you look at a car for sale you don't bring a tool chest and checking the torque on every bolt on someone else's car.

I think the OP's message is for FABO members to check car purchase more carefully and don't make the same mistakes he did.

There are plenty of classic car owners that have bought cars with similar disappointments...

...Just most won't publicly admit them.

Thanks for spreading the word. Everyone on this thread is trying to help. No need to be pissed at people wanting to help. If yer done with the site so be it. Go
See who else will wanna help.
I'm not looking for any help all I see is a bunch of people blowing me ****. Take car

I'm in another state I've had people call me on cars and I was totally honest. It's called having honor. I've driven to other states to look at cars they said were great and they were junk. I'm talking about 27k cars not a 4 door valiant
Just saying, I wouldn't spend 27K for a car and not look at myself or have some one check it out for me. Sorry you were disappointed with the car. Yes, it wasn't as perfect as you expected but you didn't do your job either. The car looked great in the photos in the sale thread. When that's all you look at when you buy the only person to blame when you're not happy with your purchase is yourself. Caveat emptor my friend. Nobody's fault but your own that the car wasn't checked over with a fine tooth comb so you paid for what you expected. Obviously your idea of perfect and his was two different things and it's too bad there are people out there that want to take buyers to the cleaners. Thanks for pointing the seller out. We can all be cautious if he wants to sell here again but as I said earlier, we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back