Scamp License Plate Light

-
Same license plate light as a 70-73 Dart - they didn't change the license plate light when they went to twin lights for 71-73.
Thank you for the info, however I am in a quandary as to how to mount my license plate light bracket to the rear bumper as my mounting tabs on the bumper are not the correct distance apart.

Last edited:
Do the holes in the bumper tabs line up with the screws that hold the lens to the bracket? Maybe you can use longer screws that would go through the bumper, lens and bracket - sandwich the lens between the bumper and bracket. It's wild that the tabs are not in the usual place...

Do the holes in the bumper tabs line up with the screws that hold the lens to the bracket? Maybe you can use longer screws that would go through the bumper, lens and bracket - sandwich the lens between the bumper and bracket. It's wild that the tabs are not in the usual place...
Yes thank you that is what I was planning on doing if there was not a OEM resolution or mounting the bracket another way. Just thought that maybe I had a problem that was easily rectified...lol! Again thank you for your thoughts.

Fyi, heres a 67-9 cuda(maybe more?)
5" c-c on plate.

20230722_101740.jpg

The light fixture and mounting did change at some year model which is something I learned here. Some don't require a metal bracket. Fixture attaches directly to bumper.

The light fixture and mounting did change at some year model which is something I learned here. Some don't require a metal bracket. Fixture attaches directly to bumper.
Interesting…thank you for this information.

-
Back