Scampin!!!!!!

-
MOTOR IS IN !!!!!!!!!! Everything went smooth for the most part. Now I just have to button some things up install the tranny and driveshaft, work on wiring :banghead: Im not looking forward to that part lol

Attachments

• php51H23vAM.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 585
  • php98kC3bAM.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 589
  • phpetsGj2AM.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 583
What did you do for the bottom of the grille where it meets that filler between the bumper and the grille?

Looks really nice Joe-I dunno if I ever thanked you for the door panels, but thanks! Maybe in four years I'll get to actually use them in my '72!

What did you do for the bottom of the grille where it meets that filler between the bumper and the grille?

The grill isnt set in there permanently yet. My concern is rubbing issues and scratching the valence. Got any ideas?

Looks really nice Joe-I dunno if I ever thanked you for the door panels, but thanks! Maybe in four years I'll get to actually use them in my '72!
Thanks! I hope so those panels are mint Im glad someone could use them.

Man that think looks good, I'm jealous!
Thanks, Don't be jealous. Hopefully Ill be drivin this summer and I can take ya for a ride.

As far as progress this weekend I tightened up the motor, started playing with the dash, getting it ready for wiring and buttoning up the underside of the car. The transmission is in and driveshaft is connected. Now I can work my way up.

Most definitely-I've almost had thoughts about fixing both the Scamps I currently own ;)

I bought a good rolling shell from shansen on here and it's in great shape...I was going to take all the good parts in mine and build it up the way I want, but after continuing to drive my Scamp around, and reading all the restos on here where people just patch up all the rotted sheet metal then press forward, I almost bet I could build up two really decent running/looking Scamps...maybe keep the blue one with a small block and small bolt setup and upgraded stock suspension, then make the [currently] brown '72 my big block lowered hemiDenny suspensioned 18" wheeled cruise machine.

After reviewing so many build threads, I'm perpetually torn on which direction to go...

...this could work, but I'd probably never finish any of my projects

got some minor things accomplished on the car this weekend, nothing crazy. I got the dash all set up permanently and fit well. I also modified the dash to adapt the ignition from my dads 67 barracuda. I will be working on the steering column and installing the starter/alternator getting ready for my buddy to come over and help wire this thing up.

Attachments

• phppzpwQTPM.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 503
  • phppd4jthPM.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 501
Loosk good Joe I am jealous. I want one of them dashes
Thanks lots of $$$ but a very nice product!

Man, it's looking real good. Love the dash. Is that the 3 3/8" speedo and tach or the 5"? and is that a custom layout or one of their standard layouts? Very cool build.

Our project 1969 Valiant - http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=116288

I am not running the 5" setup those are 3-3/8. Thanks for the kudos on the build i appreciate it.

MMmmmm Hmm! I love me some Peak Dash! What gauges do you plan to use?

I have White autometer gauges, ill post some car **** when there in.

I managed to get a decent amount of work done. I welded studs into the front and rear of the frame for the grounds and fabricated a bracket to hold the fuse block that is removable if need be. Once I finish the ground off the motor it will be ready for my neighbor to come on down and start helping me get this car wired. Then its a matter of interior, bumpers, plumbing the motor and z bar setup and hopefully ill get to drive it. Realistically I'm shooting for the week before 4th of July cause thats when Im on vacation and can drive the hell out of this thing.

been making progress lately. Tonight I mounted the fuse block and ran pretty much all the wires under the car to keep them hidden. Once the alt wires and water temp sender are ran than we are in good shape. My buddy will come over and help me run everything. I also finished fabricating my bracket to hold the voltage regulator, electronic ignition, starter solenoid, and ballast resistor under the dash, the peak dash is in but I have it out for access behind the dash at the moment. I got my chrome master cylinder in the mail and chrome alternator hung for wire length clearances. Hey progress is progress right????

Hopefully I will have pictures soon.

The grill isnt set in there permanently yet. My concern is rubbing issues and scratching the valence. Got any ideas?

Thanks! I hope so those panels are mint Im glad someone could use them.

Thanks, Don't be jealous. Hopefully Ill be drivin this summer and I can take ya for a ride.

As far as progress this weekend I tightened up the motor, started playing with the dash, getting it ready for wiring and buttoning up the underside of the car. The transmission is in and driveshaft is connected. Now I can work my way up.

Joe the bottom of the grille is attached to the valance via the bars that separate the grille bars to the tabs on the valance one on each side. You will need to make some spacers for the top the drivers side turn signal is real close to the radiator support. If you need further info and/or pictures let me know -----Rod

Joe the bottom of the grille is attached to the valance via the bars that separate the grille bars to the tabs on the valance one on each side. You will need to make some spacers for the top the drivers side turn signal is real close to the radiator support. If you need further info and/or pictures let me know -----Rod

Ok Thanks for the help Rod, I appreciate it your scamp looks awesome im jealous but Im using your pics for motivation!

Im making headway. Oh wait whats this? Wiring!!!!!

Attachments

• php9TOAEdPM.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 432
Ok Thanks for the help Rod, I appreciate it your scamp looks awesome im jealous but Im using your pics for motivation!

Im making headway. Oh wait whats this? Wiring!!!!!

More motivation

Attachments

• DSCF0204.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 407
New radiator is ordered, tach, seatbelts, misc seals and chrome as well. Does anyone happen to have a set of turn signal lenses/pigtails for a 69 valiant grill. I can't find then anywhere?

Thanks

Well im still pluggin away on the car, Im happy to say that Im actually seeing results, all the little things are starting to add up. All gauges are now mounted, but not permanantly in until the wiring harness is done, carpet is in, radiator is in, overflow, master, carb, wiring tucked, trim, etc. Im really hoping i can meet deadline for the end of june when im on vacation to drive this thing.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Attachments

• phpW1ZTWePM.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 355
  • phpvtsu3hPM.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 361
  • phpEdVyaePM.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 360
makin some progress. :) :burnout:

Attachments

• phpJdo8A1PM.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 336
  • phpvA8SYcPM.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 342
  • phpYVl1AyPM.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 337
  • phpMKgRW2PM.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 342
  • phpJ0QGzEPM.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 332
Man your scamp looks great, definitly one of the nicest ones ive seen period...more pics please :happy1:

-
Back