Scampin!!!!!!

-
Man your scamp looks great, definitly one of the nicest ones ive seen period...more pics please :happy1:
wow thank you very much for the compliments

damn thats pretty
thanks a lot

Looks great!
Thanks a lot i appreciate it.

well today starts the first day of my vacation so I will be heading down to the dmv and getting the car on the road! Then I will be at home working my *** off finishing everything up so I can just hit the open road when the time is right. Hopefully pics in the near future ! :burnout::burnout:

HELP!!!!! I bought a brand new master cylinder, installed the brakes and bled them. After bleeding them I go to hit the brake and it goes right to the floor. Ive got no pedal. But if I pump them 2-3 times i have a good hard pedal. Then I lose it again. Brakes were bled numerous times and there seems to be no air in the lines. No leaks so I dont know what else to do? Any gurus out there that maybe had the same problem?

HELP!!!!! I bought a brand new master cylinder, installed the brakes and bled them. After bleeding them I go to hit the brake and it goes right to the floor. Ive got no pedal. But if I pump them 2-3 times i have a good hard pedal. Then I lose it again. Brakes were bled numerous times and there seems to be no air in the lines. No leaks so I dont know what else to do? Any gurus out there that maybe had the same problem?

Hey, did you bench bleed the master cylinder before you installed it? If you did not pull it of and put it in a vise and fill it up, next get a tool you feel comfortable using to pump the piston in intervols of 3 only half way in to begin and when it gets stiffer go 3/4 way in, wait 10 seconds between each time you do it.. From there you just have to be patient till you see no air bubbles, the one I just did on the demon took me an hour and half. Hope this helps. brad

If you haven,t bench bled it you,ll have an air pocket in the master cyl.Bench bleed and open each bleeder.. and gravity feed each one til firm peddle.Good luck Joe..your on time for cruisin.:burnout:

been a while since i have updated. Motor needs lifters now :banghead:. also have way to much throw in the shifter so I grabbed a new one and Im gunna install that eventually........car gets a lot of looks tho lol

oh and the side marker has been installed since that pic was taken. I just love the pic because the paint pops in the sunlight

Attachments

• phpUkAicwPM.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 545
  • phpxgMba2PM.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 531
  • phpMTXzZLPM.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 540
  • php8peUnAPM.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 548
Wow! Looks great! I can't wait to get mine on the road. I guess mine will be a few more months though. :(

Joe did you ever find any turn signals for the 69 grille?
I may have an extra set.-------Rod

Somthing followed me home the other day

Attachments

• DSCF0223 - Copy (2).jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 536
DAMN! :thumblef: that's sexy man what year was it again ? very nice! lucky to have such an experienced father! I'm on my own for the hectic stuff my dads more the backyard smasher haha! I can only hope mine will be as pretty! I know it wont be done as fast haha. :glasses7:

parts are on their way! woo hoo and now were putting the finishing touches on my dads barracuda. All 3 a bodies will be up and running for the first time!

Haven't read the whole thread yet but looked at the first pages and went "Wow, that looks rough" then skipped through to the end page and saw how awesome it looks now. What a great job.

I guess I know what I'll be reading for the next hour or so. :)

cleaned the car and drove it today, planned on heading over the local show because I was off today from work. I start the car up and a cloud of white smoke comes out of the exhaust and now i have quite the loud rod knock. Not sure what Im gunna do. Im gunna take the car off the road soon and Im strongly considering buying a crate 408 to just drop in over the winter and call it a day.

Sorry to hear about your engine problems Joe.Find a good Mopar engine builder for a good stout 408.Never been a fan of the crate engines.JMO.Good luck either route you take.:hello2:

Oh no! That's terrible Joe, sorry to hear about the death noises. You check out MRL? I think he's still building the street cruiser 360s for like $5500 turnkey, and dynod

Finally got around to tearing the motor apart. Bad lifter and crank needs to be cut. Bearings are shot. So I guess I'm gonna weigh all my options. Ughhh this Sucks.

Dang man sorry to read this, Joe. The car looks so good too. What do you think happened?

nice build, i love the valiant grill on the scamp.i wanted to do the same on a duster i had a while back but never got around to it.

there is an industrial junk yard out in flanders that will sell 318s and 360 cheap if your just looking for something to do a gasket job and slam under the hood.

yea i figured if i build this block I atleast know what Im working with. Maybe push her over .30 over, i already have a cam with lifters, new timing chain, aluminum intake, So I might get lucky. I dont know. I really cant afford to piss 5k away on building a motor. I still have so many other things i need to address this offseason.

Change of plans....just picked up something real nice for the scamp. 340 !!!!!!

-
Back