Scampin!!!!!!

-
That's one bad penny that you have polished into a real jewel. Keep up the good work. You might consider putting in a set of frame connectors before you finish the interior, they really strenghten the car even if it never sets foot on a dragstrip. It's cool when you can put a floor jack under them and lift the whole side of the car at once, and the doors still open without the gaps changing.
Just food for thought.
Best of luck with the Scamp!
alan627b

Thanks alan connectors will be going in Im just waiting on a friend to finish them up.

quick update.....we had to address a few body issues. Now it is getting more paint, pics will be up later tonite or tomorrow!!!

You probably cannot notice any big difference in the pics but its soooooooo much better upclose now. The whole car is like glass. The passenger quarter needs to be reshot. But everything else is mint. This is wetsanded and polished with 3m compound. Now the fun stuff starts with getting to put everything back together.

Lemme know what you guys think:cheers:

phpHJwchrAM.jpg

phpQglbnCAM.jpg

phpZhVj7kAM.jpg

I think it looks terrible. So bad even, I'll just HAVE to come over and take it off your hands so you can start fresh with another car since this one is a complete and total FUBAR job.

Call me later and I'll be right over. ;)

quick little update....today we got the engine running! It sounds pretty dam good and when i open up the electric cutouts it sounds 100x better! I will try to update with pics and possibly a video.

yooooo wen we gonna go race around =) !!!!!! i juss did my brakess all in and it will be rollling and driveing withn 2 weeks =) !!!!!!!!! my motor is a ANIMAL !!!!

I am impressed,just saw this thread. Damn fine work Joe.I have 2 daughters,wish I would of had a son as well just for this reason. Are you sure your Dad wouldn't like another son,bout the time my birthday rolls around?Seriuosly,great job and keep the pics comin to completion and the first real " hammer down" video.8)

thanks dreno the encouragement and kind thoughts mean a lot. It really makes me want to go out in the garage and putz around some more. Ill be sure to get video if its requested but not to much beating because for now ill be running a peg leg with the 7-1/4 until i can save up enough to install my 8-3/4 with 391's8)

so we did the brakes and i finally got to drive it for the first time!!!!! all that hard work and money and hours spent was worth every time i punched it and heard tires screeeechin! wow i love my mopar:-D

Just found this thread.

Small world, I'm 99% sure i was at your house last year talking to your dad about some old steel rims he had behind the garage. His Cuda was in the garage waiting for the interior I think.

Great job on the car, it looks great.

Can't wait to see what you guys do with the 65 Cuda!

what kind of wheels and tires are those on there?

yeh my job is sick !!!!! and my boss is awsome ! really no way were in sanddsspoint ? annddd ohh joeyyyyyyy!!! im rolling thiss weeekk , time to run =P

Just found this thread.

Small world, I'm 99% sure i was at your house last year talking to your dad about some old steel rims he had behind the garage. His Cuda was in the garage waiting for the interior I think.

Angelo dam bro you got done pretty quick once that motor went in. Thats awesome to hear txt me when you see this i got a few questions for u.

Great job on the car, it looks great.

Can't wait to see what you guys do with the 65 Cuda!

Haha yea it is a small world you definitely were if it was in the garage waiting for interior. Thanks for the kind remarks on my car i appreciate it. My little brother wants to do his 65 in plum crazy with some sort of stripe. He's only getting a /6 with a 3 speed stick for obvious reasons.

a few updates: got the bumpers on door handles and locks in working order. rear glass installed and Im working on the bottom piece of chrome for the grill, window clips are installed for the rear i just need to polish my trim and put them in. Hopefully the rest of the painting will be done this week. For anyone that checks my thread out and has a drivers side door panel, a plastic cover for the seatbelt that bolts in the bottom and a set of sail panels for this car? hope you guys like it because I do!:-D

mshred: i cant remember the fronts and i always forget to look for you when im out in the garage. The rims are cragar street stars or pro stars i cant remember off the top of my head but the rear tires i wanna say are 265 50 15's? I will verify it when i can remember to check in the garage I just know its a tight fit under there!

phpeM7byHPM.jpg

phpEqOnnzPM.jpg

phpGlwY2CPM.jpg

phpShKKgGPM.jpg

phptQoAzwPM.jpg

awesome work, i love that orange. you thinking on putting a stripe on it anywhere? My 74 scamp has the tail stripe that goes on an angle on the sides and i think that it does a good job of breaking up constant colour. just my opinion. Awesome job it's looking awesome!!!

Thanks greg and yes i plan on doing a stripe in the rear, that will be one of the last things done to the car. Also the hood will be going flat black, Im debating on putting on my "hemi dart" scoop, just going flat black on the hood, or waiting and putting a dual snorkel scoop on it? any suggestions?

well mines got kind of a rip off hemi scoop, not quite exact. it's kind of like an enlarged 6pk roadrunner scoop. I think that it really depends on the look that you're going for. if you're going for a stock race carish look then i'd use the dual snorkels but if you're going for a more custom look definatly the hemi scoop, and definatly flat black. mines also got hood pins in it which i think is kind of cool, continues on the racecar theme you know. again good luck on finishing the build it's looking awesome!!!

imo a hemi scoop will NOT suit that car...it needs fatter tires and more of a drag race look....a snorkel scoop may look ok, but i would just leave the hood orange...are you going to lower the back of the car?

-
Back