Scampin!!!!!!

-
omgggg wow i didnt think your trunk lookd like that , how did you make out this week end ? , i pulled the rear outta the other duster its got 5/36 gears in it !!!!!!!!! and its a dana power lock , so now i gota spend more to send that out to get built with 4,10s

Yea the trunk was terrible....but it will be ok. Just more and more setbacks but whatever atleast i know its getting done right. That duster you bought from that guy in medford had a dana in the rear?

Got some more progress done tonight. Passenger side rot is fixed along the rear windshield. And the quarterpanel is hung. Just tacked on but we will finish welding that this weekend. Also hung the door so its starting to look like a car again!!! Pics tommorow

Well got some more done on the scamp this weekend. Heres some pics. Because typing and whatnot doesn't really get any feedback:( Im hoping to get the car turned around in the garage tonight. Hang the other door and fender. then me and my neighbor( also painter,body guy, carpenter, bartender) basically anything you name it do the body work on the majority of the car while the parents go to virginia this weekend. Then when there back we can weld the quarter on and do a little more body work and PAINT!!! oh yea and I managed to get access to my buddys paint booth so everything will be done right.

phps5C1XxPM.jpg

phpyTacatPM.jpg

phpqlnbHqPM.jpg

phpDU0TzMPM.jpg

Theres not alot of members commenting in public, but you do have a decent number of views. Like a silent nod. All looks good so far. You just keep it up. With help from Dad and freinds, your in good hands and making good progress.

Clue me in on the drivetrain and it's mods.
Any suspension upgrades?

well we hung the drivers side door and fender...we also layed the quarter in place..... ive been busy this spring break getting everything down to bare metal!! what a pain but it must be done. Grabbed the bushings for the door(sagging a little) We will address the rust issues on the other side(you can see the pic further up) and weld in the quarter...I just hit the complete side with a rattle can of etching primer. Very excited and I am happy to say that not a lot of body work is needed. I will update with pics soon.

got some more work on the scamp done this weekend......it is good to say that everything welded in and the car is finally solid again!!! as you can see we started some bodywork already and with my body guy having a grandchild being born anyday now and starting work again soon Im gunna have to do the bodywork and he will just spray it. Here are pics, I also included steering column modification, took off all the automatic crap so some duraglass and paint it will look good as new. floorpans look rusted its just the paint trust me all rust issues are just about taken care of now I decided to take off what the hood scoop will look like i know its off center so no need to remind me. Also compare the rust in the one corner and what we have now! So much better

phpgdWIW3PM.jpg

phpKFmyfPPM.jpg

phpOnxKkFPM.jpg

phpvlY7EhPM.jpg

Wow, you're getting a lot of work done. And it's getting done well too as the pictures show. Thanks for posting your progress...I'm definately following, this is a great project.

Gettin there on the scamp.....doin a few things and finally got to work on my whole dash assembly. Since I do not have the money to do a full custom guage setup I wanted to do something atleast. So I had an idea and this is what I came up with. (needs to be touched up) Also i layed a heavy coat of that bluesteel anti rust stuff on the floors and my hood scoop came! and its BIG. Hopefully bodywork this weekend and touching up my cluster. Ordered my dash cap and need to get some sound insulation and then there is no doubt in my mind the interior will go together quickly.

phpTHNN8fPM.jpg

php61Rz47PM.jpg

phphZ2H4IPM.jpg

phprI8pF3PM.jpg

It's threads like these that make me look bad.. you get more done in a weekend than I do in a month. UHHGGGGG I hated kids like you in school! :wink:

In all seriousness.. its looking good keep crankin on it! :burnout:

Can´t believe I haven´t seen this thread.
Great work. Nice to see another young gun getting a Mopar on the road.
Keep the pics comming.

thanks for the encouraging comments fellas, yea once school is over (next week) I things should start to fly. Im hoping to have it painted by June 1st. Then reassembly that will take 2 weeks and enjoying the rest of the summer.

Hey Varlo,

things are looking good for you man! you started off with a pretty rough car and its turning into something sweet! kudos to the fact that your doing a scamp! So im assuming your in university or college? I am too, and my school went on strike this year so i dont finish till the end of may! (normally i would be done end of April and working full time to make more money for her and more time to work on her) So I am held off until the end of May before i can start seriously working on her...you must be flipping excited to haver her painted man! i can tell you i was for mine, and when it was done i needed a change of underwear- its such a huge step to have it in colour and ready for reassembly! I wish i could say only 2 weeks for reassembly on mine, but i still have alot of mods to go...front disc swap, rearend swap, spring relocation, sound system install, interior install, frame connectors, and any other loose ends...keep us posted man, but one thing is for sure when your done before me im gonna be damn jealous but happy for ya! keep on Scampin man! lol

Well finally got some more work done on my car today...im pleased to finally say that its starting to get there. layed the fatmat on today along with working on fixing the grill.... I had to cut new pieces and glue new ones in. Now I will clean it all up, fix any more cracks and paint it. Also mocked up one of the front seats. Lemme know what you guys think.

phppr8gH1PM.jpg

phpKwI7OxPM.jpg

phpaGUTolPM.jpg

phpoKEId5PM.jpg

phpQjEUh4PM.jpg

phpvfjbxLPM-1.jpg

You have done an awesome job with the build. It's great to see a young man such as yourself that is into older mopars. It seems most young people are into fart pipe cars or video games. I didnt catch what gear you have in the 8-3/4 rear. I'm hoping you got at least a 3.91, it's going to be a really great ride when you are finished. Hey take it easy on those Sunday mornings it could delay the rest of the build.

hey thanks overrever yea most kids around here are into hondas around here and all that stuff. But when im with my friends and we hear somethin with a v8 under the hood everyone turns and looks. Thats what im shooting for especially now i can hit my switch and put my Qtp cutouts to use. Yea when im ready for the rear it has 391's in it.

Finally got paint today....still need to wetsand and do some touchups. It will get another 2 coats before the final wetsand. And i figured i would toss a pic of the old mans cuda and a 9 second beast!

phpGrCxyaPM.jpg

phpO8awY8PM.jpg

phpnpog6UPM.jpg

phprNPoz3PM.jpg

php6rLwUIPM.jpg

phpHcmOVdPM.jpg

phpOi0IwDPM.jpg

phpz0Vo5gPM.jpg

phpvHXkecPM.jpg

..looks Orange to me !!! ... cool... great thread... doing nice work bringing back what others would kick to the side.. I give you Kudos !

-RPM

-
Back