Scarebird Brakes

-
Personally I don't have a problem with scaredbird set up. Was actually thinking about it got Jamie's dart. There's a place for them for sure. I chose to go big bolt because of wheel selection, I like the bigger ball joint and spindle plus I have all the stuff laying around and have a large bolt 8 3/4

The last part, I still need - the large bolt 8-3/4... But I have time - about 3 yrs worth...LOL

Has anyone redrilled scarebird rotors for sbp? Thinking about it someday, but want to keep Cragars.
I've done both ways, to retain the 5 on 4" (just drill the rotors with the supplied pattern) for the wife's dart and 5 on 4.5 for my rally wheels( just drilled the Hubs and used screw in studs)

they are out of bussiness
Yup. The end of this year. What a shame.

I bought a kit from them last year. I recommended them to a friend. He called them when he saw they were out of stock, and they said they were retiring.

They blame Covid supply issues, but probably wanted to stop anyway. I ordered the 10" drum conversion kit (my 1965 Dart). They sold out of the 9" drum kit (my 1964 Valiant).

-
Back