Scat procar seats ? Anyone running them?

-
I put scat procar buckets in my 66 Belvedere. They are well made and comfortable. The front back track adjustment and the tilt adjustment both work smoothly. After 2 1/2 years of use, I have nothing bad to say about the model I bought.
Jerry

IMG_20220207_102200552 (1).jpg

I’ve got a pair of the classics waiting to go in my 65 Dart. The seat brackets are special order and won’t ship until March.

I put pro car in my Duster. I like them. I used their brackets.

I put scat procar buckets in my 66 Belvedere. They are well made and comfortable. The front back track adjustment and the tilt adjustment both work smoothly. After 2 1/2 years of use, I have nothing bad to say about the model I bought.
Jerry

View attachment 1716184457

My seats came with adjusters and I bought their universal mounts and bent them to fit my car. Wasn't a bad job at all. They do sell mounts that are designed for some cars but mine wasn't one of them.

Still a work in progress, but I'll be running these procar seats in my pile. I needed provisions to run a shoulder harness or else I'd have gone with the 90 series seats. I just ended up modifying the stock slider mounts. If I had it to do over, I'd have just used a set of their mounting brackets and sliders.

1703820792168.png

1703820850551.png

1703820866407.png

Last edited:
I have scat procar in my 63. I used the universal mount and fabricated/welded the perches to fit original holes in floor and get the right height and fore/aft location. All perches are different height. I find the seats good quality and comfortable but a bit small. If you can, try out the seats.

IMG_20190413_1519436.jpg

IMG_20190421_1319327.jpg

I have scat procar in my 63. I used the universal mount and fabricated/welded the perches to fit original holes in floor and get the right height and fore/aft location. All perches are different height. I find the seats good quality and comfortable but a bit small. If you can, try out the seats.

View attachment 1716184716

View attachment 1716184717
I was leaning to the standard seats because the bolsters looked tight...how are the for a man of super mario stature (overweight italian)

I was leaning to the standard seats because the bolsters looked tight...how are the for a man of super mario stature (overweight italian)
Lol, standard seats may be better. The bolsters on mine squeeze a bit but the seat length is also a bit short for me as i like more support under the leg. They are good, i dont plan to change them. I am not super Mario but of more standard dimensions.

I had one in a '98 Buick Regal because it was cheaper than reupholsetering the stock seat. Used some angle iron to fit it to the stock mount so I retained the original power adjustment. I wish it had been about an inch or so wider (I weigh about 210 lbs on a good day) but other than that it was great.

I made my own brackets to get the optimum seating position and had the seats covered in Pearl White to match the factory interior. Quite comfortable and keep you in position when used with the full harness on track days.

IMG_2038.JPG

IMG_2040.JPG

IMG_5749.jpg

IMG_5751.jpg

-
Back