SCORE!!!!! Just picked up a Survivor

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
So last week at work, we had something unusual traded in and my boss basically forced me to buy it. He even told me he would carry the loan if I bought it. This has got to be about the cleanest 1985 Dodge truck i have ever seen. It has 102k miles and there is not a lick of rust anywhere. It is a 2x4 half ton with a 318 and the aluminum cased a833 overdrive trans. :) This is a real old mans truck and only has a few dingers on the body. I am only paying $1500 for it and already turned down twice that from a vendor at the dealership. I am thinking about lowering it a bit and putting nice wheels on it, but I may just leave it alone. What do you all think?

e291e844.jpg

c1218277.jpg

be4ce1c5.jpg

a3a18289.jpg

Nice truck, but I'm blown away with the scenery in the back ground of the bottom pic. What state (or country) do you live in?

Northern Utah. Normally I don't hijack people's threads, but this is my thread. So here's a few more with nice backdrops.
53ed55de.jpg

bbad9c56.jpg

57afbb96.jpg

One of the tiger Muskie we caught out at Newton Dam
3e220e6b.jpg

f106298b.jpg

Clean, yes.

Survivor, with that mileage? No.

cool truck....i see a clutch pedal and i see a shifter coming from the floor, so i am saying .........BAD *** :burnout::farao:

Good score ******high fives*****

Everyone has their own take on survivor. I will call it a survivor because it is all original and in damn good cond. mileage doesn't mater in my opinion as well as most others.

And thanks, it is cool. I just went and took some more pics of where I live, so here you go.

b766f03b.jpg

24118b5c.jpg

b100cfa9.jpg

a99af69a.jpg

66ec19e4.jpg

These are all taken with my iPhone, so sorry about the quality

Nice ride-better get over to fortrucksonly

I just recently picked up a fairly nice truck also except mine is a 90 V6 5 Speed. Last pic is just for fun.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 379
  • 007.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 362
  • 009.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 399
That's a sweet little truck. How's the V6 manage?

Nice truck('s) you all have there.
I was going to ask the same question about your location and scenery.

The truck was a cool score but the back ground in the pics is awesome

Mine was a $1000 trade-in truck. Dropped in a 500" with 2-4's and a narrowed Dana. Fresh paint with a AAR glass hood and 1970 R/T emblems on fenders and tailgate. Took first place at several carshows. My favorite trophy was first place Ram at the 2004 Mopar nats in Baytown, Tx. It was fun!:burnout: It ran 7.80's in the eighth.

Attachments

• MORE RAM 001.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 307
  • Park 3.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 316
  • dodge.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 318
  • dragram3.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 350
So last week at work, we had something unusual traded in and my boss basically forced me to buy it. He even told me he would carry the loan if I bought it. This has got to be about the cleanest 1985 Dodge truck i have ever seen. It has 102k miles and there is not a lick of rust anywhere. It is a 2x4 half ton with a 318 and the aluminum cased a833 overdrive trans. :) This is a real old mans truck and only has a few dingers on the body. I am only paying $1500 for it and already turned down twice that from a vendor at the dealership. I am thinking about lowering it a bit and putting nice wheels on it, but I may just leave it alone. What do you all think?

e291e844.jpg

Congrats on the really fabulous find! Cool that it's a long bed, too. That's always been my preference in pick ups. I prefer the ride of a long bed, and even the look of one, over that of a short be.

Nice find. :thumbup:

You did good Jeremy. I can't believe how clean the inside of the bed is too. Here are a few more pics of where we live. Best part of my day is driving home from work in the morning.

Attachments

• drive2.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 248
  • drive3.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 250
  • drive4.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 234
  • drive.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 241
-
Back