Scored a 1969 Barracuda Fastback today !!

-
Thanks guys !! I am really stoked and nervous at the same time .... When I got to work today the ad was still on my computer ( that's how fast I took off , LOL !!), here are those pics . The wall behind the car is 12" cement blocks ....
barracuda7.jpg

barracuda5.jpg

barracuda6.jpg

OK, you suck. Just kidding, no, you suck. WHAT A SCORE!! Congrats!! You suck.

Please post a pic as soon as you get that car in the sun!! I would have chewed that wall down by now!!

Please post a pic as soon as you get that car in the sun!! I would have chewed that wall down by now!!

UPDATE , I tell you what man , I have run the gammit in emotions these past couple of days . I found out the license is $500.00 back due , so I call the guy up to see what is up and he tells me he is not going to cut a hole big enough for the car to go through , only a big man door and that I will have to take the car apart and turn it sideways to get it out of the shop . WTF !!!! are you freaking joking ????? He says the city this and the city that about cutting that big of a hole , but he will refund my money if I don't want to do it .... OK , now I know he just wants to blow me off and sell it to someone else for more money . I stick to my guns and tell him I will help with the wall and we will put it back up just like it was so no one will ever know , even work at night on the weekends , I don't care . He hims and haws and tells me to call back later . I wait untill later and tell him OK , I don't like it but I will do it his way ....
I went to see him this morning at 7 AM , thinking about how long I would have to be in jail for killing this guy, and all of a sudden now he says he can take the wall down and roll the car out intact ( I wonder if being 6'1" 325 had something to do with it ). He says next week , we will see , all I know is I'm having trouble sleeping .....

Steve

good deal but if i was giving you the car for 1500 i wouldnt want to demo the wall and put it back either no matter how big you are.

i wouldnt want to demo the wall and put it back either

That's why I said I would help but they should have thought about that before they built the wall with the car inside .... Nothing about this makes any sense to me , it is just strange .

I think he just now realizes what he had, and is trying to back out of the deal. Someone else probably called and then told him it was worth a whole lot more than that. But her lost and your gain! Old saying, "look before you leap".

That's why I said I would help but they should have thought about that before they built the wall with the car inside .... Nothing about this makes any sense to me , it is just strange .
My thoughts exactly. And quit stealing things!! You get some good deals. lol. Just kidding. But it still dont make sense of who would wall in a car, wouldnt you have the sense to understand you need to get the car out somehow?

I tell you what, I would fab a tiny plattform on wheels that I could bolt on to the hubs of the front and rear then bring some big and healthy friends to tip the fish sideways and just roll it out thrue the door he made, that´s what i would do.
Something like this http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MRM-M998002/
Was the engine still in the fish?

I tell you what, I would fab a tiny plattform on wheels that I could bolt on to the hubs of the front and rear then bring some big and healthy friends to tip the fish sideways and just roll it out thrue the door he made, that´s what i would do.

Swedefish , now that is thinking , if he gives me that ultimatum again , that is the way I will go ... yes , engine and trans are intact . Would make one heck of a youtube video, LMAO !! There is no door or anything yet that leads outside ( other then a hallway door to get in or out) .

I work with airplanes for a living and use those rolling caster pads all the time to move aircraft fuselages and wings into tight spots. Great idea.

These kind of senarios happen more then you might think, example a guy up here started building a boat in his backyard from scratch, it takes him several years to built it complete enough to bring to the marina. Its way too large to extract from the backyard, he has to hire a huge crane with a boom long enough to lift the boat completely over top of his two story house to a trailer waiting out front. Cost for this huge *** crane $3000.00
Another guy decides to built a hot rod in the living room of his house, I'll assume this man was not married and I guess his theory was to be able to work on it night and day all year round even during winter. Upon completion for this car the whole side of the house had to be removed to extract it.
The only way to remove this Barracuda on its side will be by rotisserie and then wheel out, but the width of one this devices is probably the same as the car, so it defeats the purpose. Don't be suprised if they want monetary compensation for labour and material of the wall re & re. They should have put more thought into the situation at hand before listing the car for sale, but then again they completely enclosed the car in so one can't get it out, obviously not much thinking happening in that house hold.

I would not "buy" the car until it's out of the house, i would give them a small down payment like 10% to hold it. You know how some contractors are it might be months before the wall is down

There are plenty of brick layers out of work right now. If it takes too long I would be looking in to hiring a couple myself to get it out.

I´m sure of that the wall issue will be solved, have you talked to the past owners wife yet to inform her of the situation? Isn´t up to her to decide what to do?
I mean if he can be a handyman so could you. :-\"

have you talked to the past owners wife yet to inform her of the situation?

That is my next plan of attack but she won't be back from vacation until next week . He called her while I was there to buy the car and she was happy and excited that it sold so fast .

Update :

The city says only a 50" door can be cut . So , I get to dismantle a car on Friday and Sat . I am actually excited because at least I know the car will be mine . The guy will even help . I always seem to get myself in weird situations but I will be upbeat about this . He has a camera and liked my idea of the video for Youtube , afterall it is not everyday you see a car come out of a door !!! Hopefully I don't screw it up . I am going to make some bolt on dolly's and feel good about them working .

Good luck, and post those pictures here! Man, a great deal AND one hell of a story. You suck!

Wasn't this in a movie or something? Or maybe a dream I had? :D

It sure sounds familiar, the cool car behind the wall.

Now I remember, there was a Superbird behind the wall a while back, and they had to take the wall down.

What is it with these people putting these cool cars behind walls? Must be paranoid!

Also talked to a buddy of mine who said if you show DMV that is was inside and off the road , they would erase the fines and overdue registration , now that would be COOL !!

At least could have put a picture window in the wall. Man it's like a horror movie!

Also talked to a buddy of mine who said if you show DMV that is was inside and off the road , they would erase the fines and overdue registration , now that would be COOL !!

They used to do that here in Alabama. They'd let you sign an afidavite (sp?) swearing that it had not been driven, then they would check for tickets. If there were no tickets during that time, no fee. The put a stop to that kindness here about 5 years ago. I had to buy 10 tags for a '74 f-100, LOL, they were $9 apeice!!

this obviously isn't a California deal ! This fu**in state wants to rape everyone on registration .

Speaking of city b.s. : I'm willing to bet that this Kadiddlehopper doesn't even have permits ! He's modifying a structure ; all kinds of 5H1T can be brought-down on his Kadiddlehopper A55 !!

Don't get me wrong ; I'm definitely NOT in favour of the governments' implications of illegal things such as telling people what they can and cannot do with / on / in their property . However , in this case , these illegal city / county permit operations may work to your advantage !:cheers:

-
Back