Scored at the local u pick it.

-

64drtGt

Slant Six Lunatic
Reaction score
While waiting for the employees to pull a part for me I was wandering around looking for any parts I could use on my 97 chrysler so you could imagine my wonder when I turned the corner and saw this.
2011-12-26144944.jpg

Then I was like i wonder what it has under the hood and was shocked when I popped the hood and saw
2011-12-26145003.jpg

so I immediately went to the office and asked what they wanted for the headers the guy first said Oh about $200 a piece and I told him he was crazy and I could almost get them new for that I jewed around and got him down to $50 so I spent the next two hours very hungry and thirsty like any mopar faithful would do pulling the headers. While doing this I began to wonder why this car was here it wasnt in that bad of shape then I saw this.
2011-12-26155951.jpg

So I walked out of the place with a set of early A-body headers and the dipstick I needed for $53.
They are in pretty good shape with only one primary being damaged.
IMG_20111226_173739.jpg

IMG_20111226_173749.jpg

That was a great find Cliff, our pick and pulls you would never find that when stuff like that comes in the guys have a black book for folks lookin for stuff and it never makes it to the yard.When we had our nissan 240sx we had a hell of a time getting parts but i had a friend that worked there and i told him what i needed he called me when one came available, he is also the one that told me about the phone list.

That was a great find Cliff, our pick and pulls you would never find that when stuff like that comes in the guys have a black book for folks lookin for stuff and it never makes it to the yard.When we had our nissan 240sx we had a hell of a time getting parts but i had a friend that worked there and i told him what i needed he called me when one came available, he is also the one that told me about the phone list.

That was James that found those headers not me LOL

I would,ve thoroughly looked over the car to see if it could be saved(rot),then tried to swing a deal.Cool that you picked the headers off it.:thumrigh:

Yeah, i agree with the others, i would have saved it and brought it home or picked it clean.
Good deal on the headers BTW!

i spent 50 of the 125 dollars to my name on the headers lol no way I could have bought the car.

you guys are nutz !!!!!!! you cannot save them all!. how bout a title?lol

Getting a title is so easy as long as the car is not stolen. A little paper work and a bill of sale from the junkyard with a police look over and you get a title.

Ah, but you can try. That's what it's all about. I like their enthusiasm. I'd try to save it too. What a waste it would be for it to go to the crusher.
If that hole in the block was in the floors and trunk maybe it would be best to leave it where it is, but this seems to be a good specimen.

Besides: anyone who would spend $50 of their last $125 is so ate up with motor, it makes perfect sense to want to save it !:D

I got to tell you I've been more than a little jealous of the cars you've found. I haven't been able to find and buy cars like that in many years, more power to you. You have my full support and envy.

As far as this one goes, it's probably a lost cause. I just got off the phone with them and they would sell the whole thing, but there's no title (which by itself isn't a big deal) and he would want at least a grand for it. It will be at least two months before I can go junkyarding and if it's still there then I'll give it a close look.

Just for the record I started searching for my Valiant in 1988. Granted I wanted a 63, but I would have settled for any 63, 64 or 65, two door Valiant, Barracuda or Wagon. The majority of them have rotted away years ago or are in Oregon or Washington for some odd reason.

I got to tell you I've been more than a little jealous of the cars you've found. I haven't been able to find and buy cars like that in many years, more power to you. You have my full support and envy.

As far as this one goes, it's probably a lost cause. I just got off the phone with them and they would sell the whole thing, but there's no title (which by itself isn't a big deal) and he would want at least a grand for it. It will be at least two months before I can go junkyarding and if it's still there then I'll give it a close look.

Just for the record I started searching for my Valiant in 1988. Granted I wanted a 63, but I would have settled for any 63, 64 or 65, two door Valiant, Barracuda or Wagon. The majority of them have rotted away years ago or are in Oregon or Washington for some odd reason.

Got a wheelchair? I'll push you back there lmao. I honestly dont remember much about the rest of the car other than I dont think it had seats I was too focused on getting the headers off before they closed lol.

Did you see the wheelbarrow they rent? I had to put the seats from the Barracuda in that and wheel them across the yard. We could get one of those, it would be interesting getting up and down the hill.

That's what happens at the pick n pulls around here!! The guys that work there have their own area within the yard that is off limits and any old mopar is a prime target. Any car that has performance parts on it is theirs and they pick it clean and sell it on the side.:banghead:

That's what happens at the pick n pulls around here!! The guys that work there have their own area within the yard that is off limits and any old mopar is a prime target. Any car that has performance parts on it is theirs and they pick it clean and sell it on the side.:banghead:

Time to change careers, sounds like.

-
Back