seat of the pants difference between /6 and a 318

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
hey everyone
well i think i am going to grab the 76 dart swinger donor car for a couple reasons. it's fairly cheap at 750 and i should end up with enough parts between it and my 67 to get the disks and all that stuff onto my 67 and finish up a lot of the missing bits for the 53 pilothouse truck.

i am curious to see what you guys think of the differences between the 225 /6 and a basically stockish 318 with edelbrock intake and carb and eadman headers. not concerned about drag numbers, just wondering if there would be a reason to drop the 318 into the dart and put the /6 in the truck or just leave the dart as is and use the 318 for the rat rod (which would be easier for me to do). sort of a "seat of the pants" whoa this is much quicker now vs eh, 225 to 318 really not a big difference in anything.

thanks for any opinions.

- jason

I would just drop the kemeber from the 76 and bolt everything to the 67. spool mount, disk breaks, 318, bigger t bars, more aftermarket parts. well worth doing the swap.

thanks everyone - thats exactly what i needed to hear! pretty stoked to up the fun factor on the dart AND get close to completion on the pickup at the same time.

-
Back