Secret second hobbies

-
Hard to tell exactly, but that looks pretty big! Do you have a plan on how you're going to surface them?

Hard to tell exactly, but that looks pretty big! Do you have a plan on how you're going to surface them?

The one you see is about 48" across. There is another one behind that one, and two more that are about 38". I have no clue about surfacing, I was guessing maybe set some kind of a rail system to ensure flatness, and go after it with a sander or router? I'm still about six months away from these being dry enough to work on, but getting my ducks in a row will help when the time comes.

The one you see is about 48" across. There is another one behind that one, and two more that are about 38". I have no clue about surfacing, I was guessing maybe set some kind of a rail system to ensure flatness, and go after it with a sander or router? I'm still about six months away from these being dry enough to work on, but getting my ducks in a row will help when the time comes.
Build a router sled that will allow you to run a router back and forth over the top with a wide bit.

Thanks guys! This is what I was envisioning but I was thinking of using pipes instead. This looks way better and easier. I'll save this idea for later this fall.

Just out of curiosity, what does honoring entail?
I do not waste any part of the animal.
Eat all meat.
Tan and use the hide.
The only thing I have not used yet are the bones and the brains and a few organs.
Although I have kept and used some bones of the animals.
I am going to learn to use the brains and kidneys for tanning the hide myself.
If I am to take somethings life to sustain mine I prefer to not have any waste.
Killing is a serious matter, even when using it for my own well being.

I try to treat plants and invertebrates the same as vertebrates.
I am a paleontologist and collect bones and fossils for study.

Also, when I hunt predators, I hunt them with no gun, no dogs, no friends and try my best to be on their terms for a hunt. As close to fair chase as possible. They have the opportunity to eat me as do I to eat them.

I thank the Lord for the gift that he has given us and that I do not take advantage of the creations he has made and offered to me as his follower.

Jesus cleared the air for us to understand eating meat is not bad, nor is harvesting the meat.

Genesis 9:3​

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.​

Mark 7:18-19​

18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;​

19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?​

Is that enough to satisfy your curiosity? @CFD244

I do not waste any part of the animal.
Eat all meat.
Tan and use the hide.
The only thing I have not used yet are the bones and the brains and a few organs.
Although I have kept and used some bones of the animals.
I am going to learn to use the brains and kidneys for tanning the hide myself.
If I am to take somethings life to sustain mine I prefer to not have any waste.
Killing is a serious matter, even when using it for my own well being.

I try to treat plants and invertebrates the same as vertebrates.
I am a paleontologist and collect bones and fossils for study.

Also, when I hunt predators, I hunt them with no gun, no dogs, no friends and try my best to be on their terms for a hunt. As close to fair chase as possible. They have the opportunity to eat me as do I to eat them.

I thank the Lord for the gift that he has given us and that I do not take advantage of the creations he has made and offered to me as his follower.

Jesus cleared the air for us to understand eating meat is not bad, nor is harvesting the meat.

Genesis 9:3​

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.​

Mark 7:18-19​

18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;​

19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?​

Is that enough to satisfy your curiosity? @CFD244
Awesome. Thanks for the reply.

This is my second post on this forum. Still got a lot to learn about mopar before I start spewing off knowledge about them. This is my hobby other than cars, I restore vintage 1/4 scale r/c cars.

782C1414-9ABE-409D-BC69-C67DC8AD48F9.jpeg

43FC2D79-B0EF-4F56-B52E-EBF16F9857FD.jpeg

0BC4D7A3-5B14-47BB-BFAD-0527A1874496.png

one of my hobbies is working with fiberglass and molding. I'm not real good at it but getting better after a pile of mistakes.

20201220_173723 - Copy.jpg

20201230_161135.jpg

20210108_123829.jpg

20210124_113946 - Copy.jpg

20210206_105119.jpg

20210115_150856.jpg

I like firearms. I've been on an AR platform kick, but HK and preban SIG rifles have been my main interest.

I like firearms. I've been on an AR platform kick, but HK and preban SIG rifles have been my main interest.

Have you made one of these yet? 375 socom
They make the 458, but my personal favorite AR is the 375 socom. Great pig gun. Or engine block gun. I suggest you buying one of these to try out. Well worth the coin!

-
Back