Seems like a waste to me.

-
$1,200 cash, and would you mind terribly picking me up at the nearest airport to you that AA flies into?

My wife has only been in mine once. I guess 120 on the 303 to I-10 East exit wasn't her cup of tea.

Not a half bad looking car, maybe you need to jazz it up a little bit. Maybe some demon double hood scoops, and a set of SBP rallye wheels with raised white letter tires, maybe a bumble bee stripe on the back. I see the potential in it, but as it sits it still looks like a frumpy little ole ladys car.

my wife likes classic cars and likes to drive them, but couldn't give a hoot about performance. She even likes the muscle car tough look, wide tires and all, but couldn't care less if it was a 273 2bbl or a 440 6 pack. I'm fine with that..... :)

Someone suggested I trade her in for another model who likes classic cars. After 30 years I don't believe I could handle that.

I actually thought about that.......... until I realized I would only have half my toys...LOL

I actually thought about that.......... until I realized I would only have half my toys...LOL

Did you hear about the new divorcee barbie doll?

Yeah, she comes with half of kens stuff LOL

Texas divorce laws are a bit different. Anything you owned outright prior to marriage even homes, vehicles, and property is not contestable in court, any inheritance, or gifts you recieve even during marriage is not contestable in court. Everything else is 50/50 split, and no alimony Ask me how i know lol.

I watched a vid of a guy in Kent England who took it literally when the divorce judge said they had to split everything evenly. Sooooo he cut everything they owned in half and gave her half of everything, including their car.

Almost a year ago the wife bought this 72 Swinger locally, I fixed it for her and she has driven it exactly once to the grocery store and gas station to fill it up.
It obviously still needs some work but the major stuff is done.
When she got it there was a wiped lobe on the cam and I tore it down and replaced it with a 1968 340 cam, new MP lifters and double roller timing set along with all the top end gaskets and seals.
It looked to be recently rebuilt, as it has very new looking .030 over pistons and rings and the bores still have cross hatching very obvious.
Since it took a cam lobe I also replaced all the bearings and seals in the bottom end, and the 904 was just rebuilt (no kit or anything but works perfect it seems)

This car is almost completely stock 318 two barrel, 904 trans, new ujoints and fresh lubes in everything.
The only thing in the entire car that isn't stock is the new USB/blue tooth stereo and the 6x9 4 way speakers in the rear deck, and a hi def white cluster set that is LED lit.
It also has one of our HEI kits on it for the ignition and a recurved distributor.

I drove it for a few day on my work rounds and it drives really nice.
Power steering, small pattern Kelsey Hayes discs in the front and factory drums out back.
I filled the sail panels seams with fiberglass after a good wire wheel and anti rust treatment and then rolled semi flat enamel over the whole roof until it textured like the pic shows. (That is dew on the top)
I think it came out pretty darn nice for not actually being vinyl.

I guess she see's it as an investment just sitting here, but I couldn't let it sit there for months if it was my car.
I'd be driving this thing everywhere I went if I were her, but she doesn't even wash it. :D

Seems like a real shame to me.

View attachment 1714966250

View attachment 1714966251

View attachment 1714966252

View attachment 1714966253

View attachment 1714966254
She might like it better if it had a/c

She might like it better if it had a/c

Ditto.
Theres a direct fit A/C kit for the 67-76 A body cars. I cant remember who makes it. Its not OEM looking mind you, but it looks pretty damn good, rectangular vents under the dash, and you have to mod the regular heater controller internally behind the dash to add the A/C switch. Not visible from the front. I think to turn on the A/C you put the temp lever at full cold, and it turns on the A/C compressor, while also closing the hot water valve off. I believe it fits the stock firewall without cutting or drilling anything either. A cable to a fender mounted ball valve shuts the water off, and 1 wire out to the low pressure switch and A/C clutch both of which are snaked through the old heater hose firewall holes. The only hard part is the $1,200 or so in parts and kit to do this, or get a factory A/C A body and restore everything change out the firewall and swap it in.

Ditto.
Theres a direct fit A/C kit for the 67-76 A body cars. I cant remember who makes it. Its not OEM looking mind you, but it looks pretty damn good, rectangular vents under the dash, and you have to mod the regular heater controller internally behind the dash to add the A/C switch. Not visible from the front. I think to turn on the A/C you put the temp lever at full cold, and it turns on the A/C compressor, while also closing the hot water valve off. I believe it fits the stock firewall without cutting or drilling anything either. A cable to a fender mounted ball valve shuts the water off, and 1 wire out to the low pressure switch and A/C clutch both of which are snaked through the old heater hose firewall holes. The only hard part is the $1,200 or so in parts and kit to do this, or get a factory A/C A body and restore everything change out the firewall and swap it in.

Thanks for the info Matt.
There was about half of an AC unit in my car when I got it and I ripped the rest out from under the dash and the condenser in front of the radiator.

My wife won't drive with me either. Says it hurts her neck. I can't help it, it's a stick car. And Ima doing my best.No, I mean it; you may never find a guy who can drive stick as smooth as me. I guess she just has a rubber neck. Anyhow, I don't mind running single. Car is faster anyway.....

-
Back