Sell 383-S Fastback for E-body project??

-
Only you can make that decision but, since you asked for opinions.... I had a 71 Barracuda in high school and would love to have it back - or build one like it. Just after high school I had a 71 Barracuda ragtop - As much as I enjoy my current ragtop(s), I'd still take the hard top 71 back over the ragtop.... Again, only you can make that choice for you..........................

$65grand????? Waaaaaaaay off there. M-code cars aren't even brining close to that these days. I'd sell my M-notch if i can get $65g these days.

Yeah thanks for pointing that out to me, I meant to type $35 grand all original. Yeah $65 grand would be a bit high lol. Anyways my point is you should be able to sell it for enough to get a really decent E-body depending on the drivetrain it has. All depends on what you plan on doing to it after you get it also for it to be cost effective.

IF it was me, and I couldn;t afford both, I'd get that 383 in running shape, put the car back to stock and pull the 440. If you're going to sell it, go for the "original" mode and get what you can for it. I have a hard time seeing it going over $30K in this market, as built. You might get more with it more original. That being said - unless you have to pay for all of it to be done - a really nice E body can be done for $30K assuming you can do some work. I'd take an E over an A any time, but that's me. My first 5 cars were all E body Cudas.

So I have a lead on an E-body, one similar to my first Mopar in high school. Should I sell my 69 383-S fastback to partially fund a new project?
I have had both I the past. I always missed my 69 cuda not my challenger. When I go to car shows & cruise ins I always see an e body but not to many barracudas. Every body & there brother has or wants an E body. I have a 69 Barracuda 383 4spd & would never get rid of it for an E body unless it is an hemi or 6 pak car. Another thing, it cost almost twice as much to do my challenger. Just my thoughts:D

Hey Rod, after seeing your Cuba in the canyon last year, there's no way in he'll I'd get rid of it. I love e-bodies, owned several, still want another. But don't part with your ride. She's a badass

So Ben Drinkin, you were a no-show this year. What happened?
Rod

Will be going to look at my potential project E-body tomorrow and coming up with a detailed cost analysis. I can do all mechanical, interior, and any rust repair. Have some friends that are paint and body men and should be able to get good advice/semi-reasonable price for paint.

Too bad I am not a 66 Mustang fastback nut, I have another buddy that has a stripped down, but mostly complete one for around 3K. Maybe a hemi in it would be fun.

I have had both I the past. I always missed my 69 cuda not my challenger. When I go to car shows & cruise ins I always see an e body but not to many barracudas. Every body & there brother has or wants an E body. I have a 69 Barracuda 383 4spd & would never get rid of it for an E body unless it is an hemi or 6 pak car. Another thing, it cost almost twice as much to do my challenger. Just my thoughts:D

I am almost always the only 2nd generation Barracuda around here, let alone a big block fastback. That is always kind of cool.

IF it was me, and I couldn;t afford both, I'd get that 383 in running shape, put the car back to stock and pull the 440. If you're going to sell it, go for the "original" mode and get what you can for it. I have a hard time seeing it going over $30K in this market, as built. You might get more with it more original. That being said - unless you have to pay for all of it to be done - a really nice E body can be done for $30K assuming you can do some work. I'd take an E over an A any time, but that's me. My first 5 cars were all E body Cudas.

Instead of an original engine, I would rather upgrade to 4 wheel discs and then a five-speed. The 440+6 is too much fun.

Rod

I am almost always the only 2nd generation Barracuda around here, let alone a big block fastback. That is always kind of cool.
lol in my area if you see a original big block A body its like seeing a very rare hemi car. That's why I cant wait to get mine done

Went and looked at my potential project E-body. The car is a lot better than other e-body project cars I see for sale these days.

I have a tough decision.

An E body? Meh. I think they are overrated. You go to a Mopar show and the majority of the cars there are E bodies. I want to stand out from the crowd.

I'm biased, though. I've always been an A body guy.

I'm also tired of Hemi this and Hemi that.

Maybe I should change my username to curmudgeon. :D

I am leaning toward putting my car up for sale. If I can get 10K more than I buy the E-body for, I think I will go for it.

I am leaning toward putting my car up for sale. If I can get 10K more than I buy the E-body for, I think I will go for it.

10K would go a long ways toward fixing the e-body up.

I'd go for it. I get tired of looking at the same stuff all of the time. Sometimes it's time for something new.
Dallas

10K would go a long ways toward fixing the e-body up.

I'd go for it. I get tired of looking at the same stuff all of the time. Sometimes it's time for something new.
Dallas

10k would go along way, but not all the way. However, this E-body is missing only a few items which really helps.

Unless you plan to do the bodywork and paint. 10k might not cover just that. I have had a hard time finding anyone in the Amarillo area that will touch a car for under 10k even if you disassembled and assemble it after paint.

Unless you plan to do the bodywork and paint. 10k might not cover just that. I have had a hard time finding anyone in the Amarillo area that will touch a car for under 10k even if you disassembled and assemble it after paint.

The 10k doesn't include painting it. That would go for mechanical/ rust repair, and interior.

Rod

just from the way you described the "S", my vote is NO, that sounds like "your car" to me... now if it was the actual car you owned in HS... that may sway my vote

JOE

So I asked 22K for my car on EBay and had nearly 90 watchers and almost 2000 views but no bids.

Do you think 22 was a fair price, if not, what do you guys think she is worth?

Thanks,
Rod

So I asked 22K for my car on EBay and had nearly 90 watchers and almost 2000 views but no bids.

Do you think 22 was a fair price, if not, what do you guys think she is worth?

Thanks,
Rod

Starting bid is too high. Gotta start low, but with a reserve. If you start the bidding low, like $5k, you'll generate interest and people will be more likely to bid, then it will get things rolling. I don't tell people what my reserve is when I list something on eBay.

-
Back