Status
Not open for further replies.

drpreposterous

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I want to buy your A-body...
Yeah, I'm serious. My last college student kid graduates May 1 and I've been saving! The one I will want to spring for likely (but not absolutely) will be a:
  • 4-door
  • Clear #2 or #3 (see reference from link): Essentially, a "done" or close to it. Especially would love a "done" AND "built" ride!
Condition reference:
Collector Car Market Review Condition Guidelines

And that website (VMR) seems to more accurately reflect market prices than NADA or Hagerty. Note how comprehensively it differentiates '69 Dart, Dart GTS and Swinger 340:
Collector Car Market Review 1969 DODGE Models

While I won't be ready to open the wallet till April (maybe a few weeks earlier), I don't think it'll hurt to start the conversation now, while, hopefully, your A is safe from Mickey and Minnie's family and the County Salt Monsters. Now, those things said, I'm not overly fussy:

Originality:
Not numbers matching? Not concerned. Upgraded to disc brakes and threw in Sebring seats? Fine. Long as it's done well. Not a fan of 24-inch wheels or flames on the hood, though.
Drivetrain: Love the slants, the small and the big blocks. Hey, they're all Mopar! Just need it to run well. Comfortable with a 3-tree or Torqueflite.
The year/model: Yes, like you, I have favorites. But I can appreciate a humble '64 /Six Valiant 4 door as readily as I do a '70 Swinger with a 318. I do strongly prefer Early As and "early" ('67-71) Late As. Not really into beaks or Dusters, with all due respect to their aficionados. Glad to look at Toads, too.

However, the only 2 doors I am likely to find in my budget are unlikely to be in #2 or #3 territory. If I want a "done," or close to it, I'll probably have to go for a more door. And I'm okay with that. And as I fall solidly into the fan category of "check writer" (at least for now), I would readily appreciate an A that's been cherished. I would really love one that's been nicely built but is still very streetable. Hilarious to be able to stomp on a Camaro with a 4-door A (not that I would at my age)!

My promise to you? No big games or insulting low-ball offers. I'm not planning on rodding it nor passing off your hard work as my own at a show. Just to enjoy it as it is. And if you steadfastly feel your work has gone beyond what any price guide can appreciate, well--I'm listening! Naturally, build threads, underbody pix and receipts would be welcome.

Please feel free to PM me or just reply in this thread with what you're thinking of moving...and thanks for your sweat equity!

Brian
Mr. Helpless Wrench, but Charge Nurse extraordinaire and cherisher of all things Mopar!

Wow if going by those prices I'm 30k in the gurgler
:wtf:
IMG_2172.JPG

Hi Brian. I have a "Done" 71 Swinger in the #3 price range and in very, very good condition. It's a running and driving car that really needs nothing except to perhaps add some of your personal touches to it. It's a 360/408 stroker with lots of power and lots of bling on the engine, 3.55 sure-grip, LBP axles in the back and the 72 and later style front disk brakes. The entire drivetrain has very little mileage on it. Let me know if this is something that you would be interested in.

Ken
Edison, NJ

IMG_0530.jpg
IMG_0532.jpg
IMG_0535.jpg
IMG_0538.jpg
IMG_0539.jpg
IMG_0540.jpg
IMG_0541.jpg

Hi. I have a 71 Demon. Just needs a few small things that could be done by April. Is a running driving 340 clone car. Can give more details if you interested..

BB6FE62D-A0E8-40E4-A70E-E64F36FF0B91.jpeg

Ya, top-notch impressive and a perfect illustration of why I'm seeking the 4 door! But thanks.
It's kind of a catch 22. 4 doors are inherently cheaper and less desirable so finding one that has had the same level and quality of work done to it for less money is the trick. Good luck with your search.

It's kind of a catch 22. 4 doors are inherently cheaper and less desirable so finding one that has had the same level and quality of work done to it for less money is the trick. Good luck with your search.
Agreed. This is going to be an interesting challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back