Senior owned?

-
Mother-in-law lives with us. She has a 90 Cavalier that she bought used with 32k miles on it. She's had it since 2008 and it still only has 43k on the clock. She is 71. Wants to buy a new car just because the 90 is old.

What about teenaged owned first car, bought from an old lady who may have bought it new - meticulously maintained on their budget. Anything found in the car is yours . . unless it is weed and you need to give it back

The THP guys pulls me over in the 76 Roadrunner. Sir did you realize you were just clocked at 110 MPH??? Yes sir, I was just giving it the weekly "blowout" the engine treatment. Just to keep it running good.
I am 71 and that has been the routine for the last 55 years. He said, glad to see you do this on VERY rural roads.
Texas.
That's only 25mph over the speed limit there.....I finally got my 340 running and I took it out on a sunday morning about 7:15AM. Looked left, looked right..no one for miles, and laid a patch and wound it out through 2nd. With a 3.91 rear, that's not blistering fast. Cop lights me up out of nowhere (hiding in a tract entrance) and pulls me over for doing about 70 in a 45. We get to talking and I explain that I just got the motor installed last night after 3 years of building the car. He says pop the hood and we shoot the **** for about 10 minutes! He lets me off with a stern warning, "keep it safe, race at the track". I said yes sir, and we parted ways.

My mom had a couple of big *** cars back in the day. One was a 69 Caprice with a 396. The other was an Olds Delta 88 of similar vintage. Both were screamingly fast, and she wasn't shy with the gas pedal. I don't know how she avoided getting a whackload of tickets, except maybe she looked like an innocent little Gramma?

-
Back