Serious accident

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
Friday night my wife and I went out for dinner. On the way home a pickup turned in front of her. She struck the truck I think in the passenger side door. I don't really know. I remember trying to get out of the car having extreme chest and neck pain.
I had never had the front and side air bags hit me with full force. We were directly in front of the fire department who were on the scene quickly. I was taken by ambulance and my wife rode with our son to the hospital. We both are bruised in the chest, neck areas and her knee has an immobilizer on her leg. I have a broken collar bone as well.
Pray for our healing. Hope to see the police report tomorrow or Tuesday to see if the 16 old driver was charged. Our car was total lost I imagine. I haven't been able to see our car to get personal items out or take pictures. This was her daily driver. One of my thoughts were what if I had been in my Barracuda. It has lap belts. Suddenly doesn't seem as safe as I previously thought
Thanks

Prayers for quick healing sent up. Glad it wasn't any worse. It really is amazing how safe cars are designed nowadays. You may hot have survived the same crash in 1965.

Dang, Good to hear you weren't seriously injured. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

Air bags are a *****. But guess what? Your here to tell us about how much they hurt. They did their job.

Prayin for yall.

One call, that's all.

Speedy recovery to you and yours and even the other driver. As long as everybody is alive and OK, everything else will get sorted out.

I hope you get through this OK. I hope they had insurance AND I HOPE IT IS NOT State effing Farm

When "some woman" wrecked my Ranger for me, my throat was raw for several days because of the chemicals/ explosives in the air bags

His insurance company called yesterday and told my wife we should call the wrecker service and have our total loss car pulled to our house so we wouldn't have go pay storage fees. It wasn't our fault. I have never heard of such. I can't wait to see the police report and see what the 16 year old driver was charged with. I was in the ambulance and didn't talk to the police. My wife was driving. They talked to her briefly and said there were witnesses. They said 3 days so I hope I. The morning but probably Tuesday.
Thanks everyone

Glad you were not more seriously injured.take it easy and heal. Cars can be replaced, but you and your wife my friend, cannot.
Yote

Glad you are ok. Makes one think twice about daily driving these old cars. I quit daily driving my duster for sort of this reason. Heal up.

His insurance company called yesterday and told my wife we should call the wrecker service and have our total loss car pulled to our house so we wouldn't have go pay storage fees. It wasn't our fault. I have never heard of such. I can't wait to see the police report and see what the 16 year old driver was charged with. I was in the ambulance and didn't talk to the police. My wife was driving. They talked to her briefly and said there were witnesses. They said 3 days so I hope I. The morning but probably Tuesday.
Thanks everyone

Thas ok, State effin' Farm wanted to tow my truck off somewhere "secret." I told 'em it would stay right here (it was at my house), then later, when they got done messin' with my ***, (and were going to "buy" it) they wanted to tow it away AND have me send the title off in a mailer. The words I used were not very nice. Several were only 4 letters long

They can have her car. It was a ford fusion. I haven't seen the car yet, but I would imagine with the windshield shattered and the front and side airbags activated the front end is shot. I am hoping to be able to see it tomorrow and remove her things and take a few pictures. I don't know who told her the car was total loss. Maybe the police, I don't have a clue.

Prayers and good wishes on the way!

Let's hope for nothing more serious than what you know now.

Please keep us posted.

I see you are in NC. I am between Greensboro and Asheboro.

Yell if you need something.

Best to you and your wife, glad you’re on the way to getting better. Hope your car claim goes the way you want.

Prayers and good wishes on the way!

Let's hope for nothing more serious than what you know now.

Please keep us posted.

I see you are in NC. I am between Greensboro and Asheboro.

Yell if you need something.
I'm in Kernersville Jeff. Thanks

Hope you and your wife get well soon.

In the meantime you may want to get a lawyer. And don't give any recorded statements to the kids Insurance Company. I've learned this the hard way.

Hope you and your wife get well soon, I agree that it's time to lawyer up sir.

-
Back