Seta fitment question

-

blue missile

Reaction score
I got a pair of racing buckets / custom mounts from a member here and they were in great condition.
I put the front right hand bolt in the drivers seat mount and marked the the left front bolt location. pulled the seat out of the way and drilled the hole.
And shazam I hit the existing hole on the reinforcing plate underneath.
I bolted the seat back in and sat down. WTF? it is not centered on the stock steering wheel. After measuring, the seat is 2" off towards the center of the car.
Is this the norm?
I will relocate the seat but I will have to cut the hump for the bench out and reinforce the new location.
Just wondering if I am alone in this situation.
Andrew

I think it's mere coincidence that the one hole managed to line up :)
The trans tunnel is not dead center in the car, it's about 1 1/2- 2 inches toward the passenger side, found that out when I put in my avenger seats, but you probably already know that.
I measured from the sill when I setup the drivers seat and centered it to the wheel and it came pretty close to being centered between the hump and the sill.....on the passenger side, my seat is really close to the tunnel.
As for cutting the "hump for the bench" goes, what rear seat are you using? and why would you need to do that? ( not questioning your need, I've seen your other work :cheers: just asking for my own curiosity, and maybe to see what's next for the missile )

The hump Im talking about is the one next to and parallel to the door the bench mounted to.In order to move the seat over the two inches it needs to go, and be replaced with flat metal.
Andrew

Andrew, I don't know if you tried it already, but did you switch seats left to right cuz i dont remember them being that far off center.

Bob

yeah Bob,
it was a plumb issue and they were only 1/2" off at the base. but I had to shove three large washers under one side to get them plumb.
Andrew

Bob,
are a few pics, "done" is a long way away. I did need to get these in place so I could see how much room is available for the tranny transplant. I also need to finish the fabrication of the steering wheel mounts. It seems to be in the right place, I just have to get the rear attachment point in place.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo068.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Photo069.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Photo070.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 71
-
Back