**sfi Approved Damper**

-

Mad Dart

Nothing to see Here!
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you fellow MOPAR NUTS know that I purchased the SFI Damper that Fishy68 aka Tracy recommended from PRW. I am using it on the 318/402 stroker that I am building right now.

It seems to be a very well made piece with etched timing marks at -10* to 50* and 90*, 180*& 270*. The SFI approval is also etched into the unit. It also comes with SFI approved documentation to show the track officials if need be. The thickness of the damper is like factory along with the 7.25" diameter. Looks like the so far ALL the accessory pully's and belts will line up. It is a Very nice piece and the price is really good at $129.00

It can be found here.

http://www.prwonlinestore.com/sfi181approvedracingandperformancesteelvibrationdamper-2431801.aspx

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

You need to get out there and put that thing on! Nice touch with FABO on the puter screen! Looks like a great part too!

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

looks nice it that the same comp. that makes the rockers prw

lol...well...it looks like a nice piece....lol

Come on man.....don't laugh just yet!! I got the RATTLER on the 410! Just thought I would try something cheaper on my budget 402 build! This Damper is VERY well built from what I can see so far.

Just want to let other guys know they have options that will NOT break the bank!!!

I have right at $3600.00 from pan to intake so far on it complete with machining etc and forged pistons! Got a few more things to buy but not much. That is half of what I got into the 410 and I bet it hits REALLY close to the 500hp mark and over 500 TQ!

I noticed that many Quailiers of the last Engine Masters Challenge used PRW balancers. Part of their score is overall cost, but being there are so many other cheap balancers out there (CAT, Professional Products, Summit) they must have chose PRW over those for a reason...

Some of us are into the low dollar builds, Mad...what's the details on this one?

I noticed that many Quailiers of the last Engine Masters Challenge used PRW balancers. Part of their score is overall cost, but being there are so many other cheap balancers out there (CAT, Professional Products, Summit) they must have chose PRW over those for a reason...

Some of us are into the low dollar builds, Mad...what's the details on this one?

318 block offset bored to 4.0" 360 specs
Mopar Perf "SCAT" Cast Crank 4.0 Crank
Eagle I Beam Rods 5140 with ARP
IC745 Forged Pistons with Moly File Fit Rings 20.5 Dish
Clevite Bearings
Hughes HYD Flat Tappet Cam HEH4650AL

Camshaft Technical Details
Intake Valve Lift 1.5
Exhaust Valve Lift 1.5 .569"
.576"
x.gif
Intake Valve Lift 1.6
Exhaust Valve Lift 1.6 .606"
.614"
x.gif
Intake Duration at .050"
Exhaust Duration at .050" 246°
250°
x.gif
Lobe Separation Angle 108
x.gif
Intake Opening at .050"
Exhaust Opening at .050" 18° BTC
56° BBC
x.gif
Intake Closing at .050"
Exhaust Closing at .050" 48° ABC
14° ATC
x.gif
Min. Suggested Cylinder PSI 185
x.gif
Sweet Spot RPM 2800 - 6100
Johnson Race Lifters
Cat Gear Drive
New Stock Pan with Windage Tray and pick up
New Stock Volume Melling Oil pump
LA VERSION - INDY/RHS X Heads by Brian at IMM ENGINES milled to 62cc
Felpro 1008 Gaskets
ARP Bolts for Heads
Hughes 1.6 Rockers, Shafts and hold down kit
Manton Push Rods 3/8 oil thru .095 wall ball and cup with 5/16 hardened tips
Pro Comp Valve Covers
Recurved Stock Electronic Dist
Used 6 Blade Hi Flow Water Pump off one of my other projects
Eddy RPM Performer.
PRW SFI 18.1 Damper
Holly 950 DP or ?? haven't bought carb yet

Brian at IMM Engines "OU812" did ALL the Machining, Balancing and the heads.

Most the parts were chosen based on "COST" the BIGGEST bang for the buck! Except the Rocker set up and Push Rods.
Saved alot of money on the Bolt Assembly Kit, went to ACE Hardware and got all the bolts and washers etc for $7.00!

Bought the crank NEW in the box from a guy who never used it in 10 Years.
$240.00, he is an old school circle track guy who thought it was a 3.58 stroke but Brian found it to be 4.0 so it went from a 349 project to a 402.

Sounds like it will be a very cool engine! I really really wanna build a High Performance stock stroke 318, or possibly use a 3.58 stroke...I like the small engines, they can rev to the moon! Maybe this summer when I get a job, I'll put one together...

The Damper seems to fit well on the snout of the crank, I checked it out this morning.

Buttttttttttttt

since the directions tell me to heat the damper to 215* in an oven or boil in a pot of water, I will have to put it on tomorrow. Dont have a stove in the Shop so I will use my TURKEY Pot filled with water and my Propane Stove to do it!!

I would not heat that Balancer.

Use a "Balancer Installer" instead.

Have you seen the episode of "Pinks" where the mustang comes out of the burn out box, and the outer ring of the balancer came flying out from under the car?

Good reason to spend more in some areas than others IMO.

Good luck with the balancer.

Have you seen the episode of "Pinks" where the mustang comes out of the burn out box, and the outer ring of the balancer came flying out from under the car?

Why would the directions say to heat it?? They don't know WTF they are talking about?? Well lets see the temp in the Radiator sees around 200* at times I would think that the Block, Balancer etc would get hotter than the water that is trying to cool it. I don't have a heat gun BUT I bet it sees over 215* all the time which is where It says to heat it to. If the balancer goes from room temp to 215* slowly it should not hurt it one bit in my opinion.

Oh and I have a Balancer installer!!

The guy on pinks probably used a TORCH....................

The outer ring on that balancer wont come off. There are registers to keep it in place and the elastomer is injected into the space between. It may not be expensive, but it's not a piece of **** in any way.

Louis, I like the polished one too, but the only thing I dont like about the polished one is I see myself messing with the timing and not being able to see the marks in the dark with a light.

Make sure to show us how it all goes. I think I am going to order one too.

Ok it is installed. Here's the process. I ended up boiling it for about 15 min.
It installed very smoothly and everything lines up perfectly. I even checked EXACT TDC and it is right on the Money!!

349 stroker etc 012.jpg

349 stroker etc 017.jpg

349 stroker etc 015.jpg

349 stroker etc 018.jpg

349 stroker etc 019.jpg

349 stroker etc 020.jpg

349 stroker etc 021.jpg

349 stroker etc 022.jpg

349 stroker etc 023.jpg

349 stroker etc 025.jpg

349 stroker etc 012.jpg

349 stroker etc 017.jpg

349 stroker etc 015.jpg

349 stroker etc 018.jpg

349 stroker etc 019.jpg

349 stroker etc 020.jpg

349 stroker etc 021.jpg

349 stroker etc 022.jpg

349 stroker etc 023.jpg

349 stroker etc 025.jpg

Just so you know the Bolts that hold the Pully on the Damper are FINE Thread 3/4" Long 5/16" -- 24 Thread Pitch. The Factory Bolts WILL NOT work! I went to Ace Hardware and spent less than $2.00 for Grade 8 bolts and washers

Looks good brother! So what is this motor going into and when is the fire up date?

...so it slid onto the crank snout all the way just by boiling it?
You didnt have to crank it down with the installer?
If so, cool.

No had to use the installer. It went on tight and smoothly. The heat must be to expand the metal? Only thing I could think of.

This one is going in a 69 Dart Gt console car with 904 auto, 9" converter 4000 stall custom built by TCS" The Converter Shop" with street friendly manners! One of my employees use to work for them for years. Gettin smokin deal!

The engine will be Dyno'd at IMM Engines "OU812" in a few weeks. No hurry.

How did the index check out? - Was it right on the money?

Should be ok for a low RPM street car. Looks good.

How did the index check out? - Was it right on the money?

Should be ok for a low RPM street car. Looks good.

Yes it was right on the money..........It is tested to 12500rpm so I think I will be safe easily to 7500rpm since I use to spin my 340 that high with the stock balancer!

-
Back