**sfi Approved Damper**

-
Thanks Louis. I know it's expensive but if it saves all this trouble it might be worth it. I'll try Brian and see what he thinks. I have had some balancers go on tight but never had to heat one to 200 degrees to install it. Don't know why they make it so tight. I know it has to be tight but it seems a little overboard.

You've never removed or installed a factory magnum balancer I take it...
All I'll say is HOLY CRAP!!!! Especially if you're one of the lucky ones to have the unit with the integral crank pulley on it. It'll have you screaming and yelling in no time.

You've never removed or installed a factory magnum balancer I take it...
All I'll say is HOLY CRAP!!!! Especially if you're one of the lucky ones to have the unit with the integral crank pulley on it. It'll have you screaming and yelling in no time.

No, but the super tight fit wasn't my main point. Just something else to add to the equation. My main point is with it sticking out so far causing the pulley's to be way out of alignment.

As far as taking off tight stuff, work on forklifts and you'll love working on cars. I worked for Hyster for 11 yrs. as a mechanic and 2 other independents for several other yrs. and everything was tight like that. LOL

Wonder what the shipping for that would be?
Probably more than the balancer unless they're distributed here...lol

I'd like to see what one of them for a mopar smallblock looks like.

That website is NOT friendly at all. I cant even find a balancer for a SBM??

Can You and repost it?

LOL! I went through the same thing. I found one for a 5.9, but that's not right for our internally balanced stuff. That was after going through a few pages of BS. There was no picture of it either.

These people had better get the concept that we LIKE PICTURES and that we want to SEE the item BEFORE WE BUY. Ahem.8)

I dont know how many balancers YOU have installed BUTTTT, this PRW balancer is NOT the only balancer that say's to HEAT it up before install...............You keep saying the same things, I don't get it.

To me this hobbie is about making things work. We are talking 21st century technology on 40+ Year old cars here......you WILL run into issues and if you are NOT willing to deal with them then GET OUT OF THE GAME!!!

Bottom line is I found a way to use this balancer and possibly help a few people along the way save alot of $$$ and TIME, and YES I used an installer just like the directions said and for some reason YOU need to find something wrong with it........that's is funny to say the least....

I made it work for ME and MY situation, that's all I can say about that. I also went the extra mile so other members can make an informed decision based on what the MANUFACTURER has said........Nothing wrong with that either...
This PRW balancer is a SWEET piece and will be even better when they get the final measurements worked out........then YOU can go and buy one since someone has already done the homework for you.........

Got anything else to say?????

Yup... I'm glad I'll never have to line my junk up against yer junk at the track.

:bootysha:

I have an ATI balancer on my 408,it sticks out about 1/2 inch to much to line up with the water bump pully(pullys are March)I had to buy a 1/2 adapter for the waterpump/fan from Flex-a-lite to get them to lineup.These ATI dampners aren,t cheap,so you,d think they would line up properly for the cost?:angry7:

I have an ATI balancer on my 408,it sticks out about 1/2 inch to much to line up with the water bump pully(pullys are March)I had to buy a 1/2 adapter for the waterpump/fan from Flex-a-lite to get them to lineup.These ATI dampners aren,t cheap,so you,d think they would line up properly for the cost?:angry7:

It's just ridiculous how so many of these are built wrong. Must be nearly all coming from China. Now what are you going to do about your alternator? It'll also be out of line won't it?

-
Back