Shae's '68 NB Fish

-
So another update. Won't be many pictures because, well, this is the boring part of body work. I could take em but you probably wouldn't notice a difference.

Picked up 2 more bottles of rust treatment, 1st one went great, 2nd one i opened the seal wasn't on poured it in my plastic bowl and started treating a door only to notice it was soupy, well it looks like some f-bag at napa used part of it than toped it off with water and i was the unlcky one to buy it, I now have a door that didnt have much surface rust, now looks like it was given a bath in it.... :-/ going back today to replace bottle and give them a piece of my mind

Started on the quarters....between year one's wonderful products now and a worthless body man i now have A LOT of work to do on the quarters, almost have to reform them. Wavier than a effin waffle. drivers side has 1/2 inch of resin as filler at the bottom of the C pillar. And I have no idea whats going on with the pass yet...i just know its bad.

Was going to wake up early and do only the car today, but i have to detox the house of scabees...so i guess tomorrow...probably only get a couple hours in it again today.

am i the only one to notice the "Tim And Eric Awesome Show" on the tv?

P3230674.jpg

tagging along to see how it goes... go ahead and take some treatment and body work pics.. never know who it might help...like me :D

am i the only one to notice the "Tim And Eric Awesome Show" on the tv?

P3230674.jpg

tagging along to see how it goes... go ahead and take some treatment and body work pics.. never know who it might help...like me :D

You are apparently the only one to catch it :-D good job lol. I like adult swim, some of the stuff his hilarious.

Update.
After 18+ hours in the quarters, I called Randy over to take a look, now he realizes just how poorly the quarters were put in.
So the new game plan is this weekend hes going to come over, i'm getting sawzall blades and picking up my welder from a friends house.
All the bad sheet metal I listed for the '68, yup you guessed it, its coming off the '67 and the paint and body work will be done to my original Fish :) which is cool because I got some awesome goodies and all the sheet metal for a grand....now THAT is a helluva steal.

So at the end of this i'll have a shell minus patch panels, fenders and front floor pans, that I'll have to find a home for or part it out, wouldn't take long to chop it up. So who's fish needs sheet metal? :)

Been working on it for the last couple weeks and just haven't felt like updating the thread. Quarter patches are off. Drivers side trunk extensions are shot, effin back of the driver side wheel well looks like damn swiss cheese. The farther I did into this damn car the more I find....screw paint I think ill seal it and drive the piss out of it until it finally falls apart.

Floor pans came in and the summit seats I ordered did too, inner fenders are getting replaced and throwing in Shuey headers(back ordered, of course).

Started on the grills had to replace all the screws that go into the Header panel (gotta love Home Depot) I like the way their turning out.

quarter1.jpg

quarter2.jpg

grillcuda.jpg

Update. Passenger side quarter patch is screwed and glued(3m panel bond) spot welds are next, now that I made an extension cord for the welder. Drivers side is getting the trunk extension replaced. Have to fab a bottom lip for it since getting the quarter patch off entailed nuking the lip for the extension.

Pulled steering column out of both shell and my car and patching them together to make a power steering floor shift column. Mine was a power steering console shift. The shell was a manual steering floor shift lol. Have decided to reseal the steering box and make new hoses and just stick with power steering.

resprayed grills, they are drying now. Actually used self etching primer this time so atleast the paint will stay on this time lol

Have decided that other than a couple needed sheet metal pieces the time has come to chop up the shell and scrap it. No one is interested in sheet metal off of it. Probably start that venture this next week.

Pulled everything but the dash frame out(no window seal so it stays in. Still need to yank out the dash wiring harness and insulation pads. Need to somehow figure out how the hell the brake assembly comes out.

Ohh yea, almost forgot. Started looking at the shell more, looks like I got lucky yet again! the front sbp disk brakes have 4 piston kelsey's on it!

Cool thread to follow. The car is coming along nicely. Nice job!

Thanks for the encouragement :) I'm trying, hopefully i can start making more progress now that im not depending on someone else. Going to go slower with me doing it, but atleast its getting done. And im learning a lot

Must be nice to play eenie meenie with the 2 cudas!! LOL Good work, have fun

Ohh yea forgot that update. The shell has been sawzall'd and scrapped, minus the pieces i need, or someone else might need. The rear valence went to a good home locally. Kept the windshield and rear window sheet metal, still have the rear quarter window glass and tracks for someone. Kept the '67 decklid for someone, hood and the firewall forward is still sitting on wheels in the back yard lol. The shell ended up not being as usefull as it was supposed to be, but I got some hard to find parts out of it for sure. The fenders I got off of it are immaculate and a great find and the inner fenders are going on my car replacing the hacked up mutilated ones by PO. Bunch of misc parts too that I cant think of off the top of my head.

Hopefully I wont need the glass sheetmetal that I kept, but until I can afford seals you can never be too careful.

Todays update:
Drivers side floor pan is fitted minus the light final fit before welding it in.

Pass side is out, need to trim and fit the new pan.

Lessons iv'e learned:
-Just because the first one went well doesn't mean your gods greatest gift to body work....take your time on the second one too.

-No matter how carefull you are,your hands will end up looking and feeling like they went through a blender, keep papertowls and electrical tape on hand.

I'm tired as hell i know there was more but I cant think of them. Without further ado here are the pics of the car as of today.

PA070748.jpg

PA070747.jpg

PA070746.jpg

PA070745.jpg

PA070744.jpg

PA070743.jpg

PA070742.jpg

PA070741.jpg

PA070740.jpg

PA070739.jpg

PA070738.jpg

PA070737.jpg

Thanks Pettybludart! I'm sure trying, still a lot more to go but feels good to making good headway. The 66 looks like its sure coming along well, glad to know im not the only one suffering through sheetmetal work lol

Need to go back out there and work on her, but severely lacking in motivation.

Get her done so I can see it lol. You're doing great.

Get her done so I can see it lol. You're doing great.

I know, I know....
just whiny today lol. hands feel and look like they went through a blender, got hit hard last night yanking out the passenger side. Bunch of pretty deep cuts, smacked it with a 2lb hammer a couple times...ect lol

I know, I know....
just whiny today lol. hands feel and look like they went through a blender, got hit hard last night yanking out the passenger side. Bunch of pretty deep cuts, smacked it with a 2lb hammer a couple times...ect lol

Well it doesn't hurt to take a break. Get them hands healed up.

Lots more work done today, pass side finished cut out and new pan fitted. Left about 1/4 inch for final cut before welding, i'd finish fit them now, but not sure how many more times im going to have to pull the pans in and out to prep the rest of the floor and firewall.

Started stripping the rest of the floor, got it mostly done, saved the firewall for last, dreading it lol. Messy as hell, looked like a coal miner when I was done. Well heres some pix for you guys

PA090750.jpg

PA090752.jpg

PA090751.jpg

-
Back