Shae's '68 NB Fish

-
PA090763.jpg

PA090762.jpg

Ohh yea and an updated pic of the bike, so yall don't think its purple anymore lol

blackNredgixxer.jpg

Looken good Bro

Thanks bud, can't wait to have her back on the road. Hopefully have the entire passenger compartment stripped and ready to spray tomorrow, Still have to weld in the floor pans, but need to come up with the 100 bucks to fill my tank first lol.

Woohooo made it to page 3! lol

A lot accomplished, just not a lot to show since its all monotonous time consuming messy cleaning lol. Pass compartment is now cleaned up up the firwall, going to have to pick up some rust eater tomorrow, too much stuff behind the dash I cant pull out that I can't get to. So I guess its not completly done lol. Treated all the metal and cleaned up the garage from all the cutting and wire wheeling and grinding. Than started putting my grill assemblies together. Look way better than I expected.

Depressing how much rust is on the inside of the car, its effing everywhere. Rear pans are BARELY useable, any thinner and id have to replace em. Without further ado...the pix.

PA100769.jpg

PA100768.jpg

PA100771.jpg

PA100770.jpg

Well since I started the thread and haven't actually mentioned anything about my plans, here it goes.

This is going to be my weekend warrior, and just a street terror. My plan is to make in handle decent, with as much power as I can wring out of the 440. The looks are going to be the custom part, that i'll take care of as soon as I have a solid car to work with.

I will finish the rough sheet metal work, put the car into sealer, and than start working on the custom stuff like front and rear roll pan's, chin spoiler, hood scoop, center console, exhaust openings, chassy stiffening...ect

Heres the pic of my inspiration. The look im going for, sort of a modern can-am look

68_Plymouth_Barracuda_by_zvtdesigns-1.jpg

The wheels i've chosen.

MB_Old_SchoolGLM.jpg

Well since I started the thread and haven't actually mentioned anything about my plans, here it goes.

This is going to be my weekend warrior, and just a street terror. My plan is to make in handle decent, with as much power as I can wring out of the 440. The looks are going to be the custom part, that i'll take care of as soon as I have a solid car to work with.

I will finish the rough sheet metal work, put the car into sealer, and than start working on the custom stuff like front and rear roll pan's, chin spoiler, hood scoop, center console, exhaust openings, chassy stiffening...ect

Heres the pic of my inspiration. The look im going for, sort of a modern can-am look

68_Plymouth_Barracuda_by_zvtdesigns-1.jpg

The wheels i've chosen.

MB_Old_SchoolGLM.jpg

X that is going to be a super nice car.

Well not a whole lot accomplished tonight, took forever for the weather to get decent enough to go get my welder and cherry picker back to the house. Did get my multi colored, leaking motor yanked out though. Pulled off the oil pan and took a looksey, crappy machine work, but its been balanced and god only knows what else, not sure how to tell standard rods from 6pk rods but pretty sure their standard. no lip on teh cylinder walls on the bottom side with only light scoring marks, so guessing its a recent-ish build. Timing chain is a bit loose so probably should replace that along with every other effin gasket on the thing. Even the dip stick was RTV'd in, not with a little either, we're talking like half a tube. High stall converter, however not sure how to tell what it is since the only marking is a 3digit number starting with a 4...its 3am I cant remember and theres no way im going back out there. Motor mounts are crappier than I thought so headers are going to have to wait, schumacker mounts are going on order. They arent even DC style, their home made, and not even done well. Explains why they had to cut an effin hole in the hood.

Next up tomorrow is a bunch of random parts running(nothing interesting) yanking the entire suspension out and leaving the front end on stands. Pulling out inner fenders and cleaning the entire front end up. Somewhere in there hoping to have the motor degreased so i can start prepping it for paint(a project I can do past noise curfew time). Was dead set on red(International-Harvester Red) until I noticed mopar did a silver too just now...that decision will have to wait until tomorrow. Still leaning more twords red.

Ohh and for all you Black engine haters(yea it would have been black but i want my car black instead)

"Below are the Mopar numbers for the various engine paints used by Chrysler from the 1940s.
Black - Mopar P4120753
1981-up 2.2L engines
1983-up 318 and 360 engines
All production Jeep engines"

I'll let the pictures I took do the rest of the talking. Interested in hearing what yall have to say about the pix of the bottom end. Ohh Cliff and I and a couple others were chatting about welders, so I thought i'd throw a picture of mine in there for good measure.

PA110773.jpg

PA110772.jpg

PA120780.jpg

PA120781.jpg

PA120782.jpg

PA110778.jpg

PA110779.jpg

PA110777.jpg

PA110776.jpg

PA110775.jpg

PA120783.jpg

Well not a whole lot accomplished tonight, took forever for the weather to get decent enough to go get my welder and cherry picker back to the house. Did get my multi colored, leaking motor yanked out though. Pulled off the oil pan and took a looksey, crappy machine work, but its been balanced and god only knows what else, not sure how to tell standard rods from 6pk rods but pretty sure their standard. no lip on teh cylinder walls on the bottom side with only light scoring marks, so guessing its a recent-ish build. Timing chain is a bit loose so probably should replace that along with every other effin gasket on the thing. Even the dip stick was RTV'd in, not with a little either, we're talking like half a tube. High stall converter, however not sure how to tell what it is since the only marking is a 3digit number starting with a 4...its 3am I cant remember and theres no way im going back out there. Motor mounts are crappier than I thought so headers are going to have to wait, schumacker mounts are going on order. They arent even DC style, their home made, and not even done well. Explains why they had to cut an effin hole in the hood.

Next up tomorrow is a bunch of random parts running(nothing interesting) yanking the entire suspension out and leaving the front end on stands. Pulling out inner fenders and cleaning the entire front end up. Somewhere in there hoping to have the motor degreased so i can start prepping it for paint(a project I can do past noise curfew time). Was dead set on red(International-Harvester Red) until I noticed mopar did a silver too just now...that decision will have to wait until tomorrow. Still leaning more twords red.

Ohh and for all you Black engine haters(yea it would have been black but i want my car black instead)

"Below are the Mopar numbers for the various engine paints used by Chrysler from the 1940s.
Black - Mopar P4120753
1981-up 2.2L engines
1983-up 318 and 360 engines
All production Jeep engines"

I'll let the pictures I took do the rest of the talking. Interested in hearing what yall have to say about the pix of the bottom end. Ohh Cliff and I and a couple others were chatting about welders, so I thought i'd throw a picture of mine in there for good measure.

PA110773.jpg

PA110772.jpg

PA120780.jpg

PA120781.jpg

PA120782.jpg

PA110778.jpg

PA110779.jpg

PA110777.jpg

PA110776.jpg

PA110775.jpg

PA120783.jpg

X the engine compartment doesn't look to bad compared to the one I had. Any plans to strip off that old paint before repainting it black ? A older Hobart before Miller bought them?

Hey Bud,not sure if you,ve checked out Engine-Swap mounts?I know their cheaper than the Schumachers.Have you ever tried the Por-15?The stuff is amazing,it spreads out very well and the finish is like glass(just brush on).I haven,t seen an ad with your motorcycle for sale yet?It sure would take the expense burden off when purchasing parts,rims and tires.It really sucks to have to stop working due to funds:banghead:.Keep working at the little things,your making huge steps.:cheers:

X the engine compartment doesn't look to bad compared to the one I had. Any plans to strip off that old paint before repainting it black ? A older Hobart before Miller bought them?

Dropping K frame out, and yanking inner fenders out, once thats done the engine compartment is getting cleaned up and prepped for paint. Decided as much as I cant afford the paint right now there is no way in hell im pulling everything out again lol. I looked the 250 up last night and apparently its the first joint model between Hobart and Miller, apparently a pretty good welder that lasts forever.

Dropping K frame out, and yanking inner fenders out, once thats done the engine compartment is getting cleaned up and prepped for paint. Decided as much as I cant afford the paint right now there is no way in hell im pulling everything out again lol. I looked the 250 up last night and apparently its the first joint model between Hobart and Miller, apparently a pretty good welder that lasts forever.

Sweet on a great welder. Males sense to clean weld and paint everything before putting it all back in.

Hey Bud,not sure if you,ve checked out Engine-Swap mounts?I know their cheaper than the Schumachers.Have you ever tried the Por-15?The stuff is amazing,it spreads out very well and the finish is like glass(just brush on).I haven,t seen an ad with your motorcycle for sale yet?It sure would take the expense burden off when purchasing parts,rims and tires.It really sucks to have to stop working due to funds:banghead:.Keep working at the little things,your making huge steps.:cheers:

Haven't checked them out Petty, i'm leaning twords Schuys because of the Poly-locs, torque strap, and the fact that theyre designed to work with their headers which im going to have to use.

Haven't posted the bike on FABO, didn't think it was a good place to post. Heres the craigslist post. http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/2641629867.html Havent had any bites yet but its also the wrongh time of the year I suppose.

Haven't tried POR-15 Randy said it was garbage(20yr body veteran,only half of what comes out of his mouth has a grain of truth to it though) Looked up reviews online and seems to be long term issues in some cases with it seperating off the metal and allowing it to rust underneath it. Decided that since im broke anyway I was going to forego trying it. After doing homework, it seems that every rust treatment actually uses the same active ingrediant, tanin or something like that, its a plant extract. The only difference between different types of rust treatment is the concentration of it that it uses. Using Napa rust treatment, its seems to have a good concentration of it and its under 10 bucks a bottle, and goes far. Downside is that once its treated ill have to sand it down to prime, but at this point my time is worth a lot less than my money lol

I hope so, that's going to be one of the few hard to find, high dollar, pieces that I have to track down.

They are repop'd but cost $135. I screwed up one that was cherry unloading a parts car (roller) off a trailer by myself.:banghead:

I have a 67 parts car so let me know if there is anything that you need.

Good start there. Glad you made it back OK with the exception of the flakes.

They are repop'd but cost $135. I screwed up one that was cherry unloading a parts car (roller) off a trailer by myself.:banghead:

I have a 67 parts car so let me know if there is anything that you need.

Good start there. Glad you made it back OK with the exception of the flakes.

Thanks, I banged out as much as I can and it'll just have to do for now, hopefully ill be able to replace its in the recent future.

Tonight sucked, major set back. was removing the last inner fender when there was a sudden "Thunk" as the body fell onto the subframe. After getting over the shock and finishing a string of expletives we investigated to find that the support that goes between the subframe and the rocker where the firewall and floor pans met had been cut out. So in the spirit of making things more difficult for myself and since the firewall already is damaged, removing the front clip as an assembly and replacing it onto mine including the firewall. I'm just glad that I hadnt already welded the floor pans in. Ill let the pictures do the talking. My friend helping is Dallas lol, he said he better be put in this thread considering how much hes been helping lol

PA130789.jpg

PA130790.jpg

PA130791.jpg

PA130792.jpg

PA130793.jpg

PA130794.jpg

Don't give up. You will build it into the Bionic car.

She's been dubbed Frankenstein. And now she has a theme song lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts6CKH7Tovs"]Three Days Grace - Pain lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back