Sharko's 1965 Cuda Resto-mod

-
:finga:
I see you have done all your stripping with a wheel. Nothing wrong with that, it's just alot of hard work! I made my son take a look at your pics because he is crying about stripping the engine compartment of his Duster project with chemicals and elbow grease. His comment after seeing your last pics "Geez! I need more aircraft stripper when you run into town."

Ya I used aircraft stripper on some of the car but i've been over the entire car with the wire wheel and the old torch and putty knife on the underside. Its definately alot of work but it comes out nice when its done. Gives ya more appreciation for the old days, now everyone just pays someone else to have their car blasted. Oh well I guess I'm just used to doing everything myself. Good luck to your son on that engine compartment, just tell him to suck it up and get to work.:finga:

Well about a hundred spot welds later I finally got my core support fit and ready to weld in tommorrow. I got a great deal from one of the members awhile back on my core support for $45 compared to $300-$400 from a few salvege yards out west.
And I thank you guys on the info for the spot weld cutters.Saved me alot of time and headache.
I hope you guys like the work could'nt of done it without ya'll.
Thanks ya'll
Shannon

Well I got the core support all welded in and a few spots on the firewall welded up for a cleaner engine bay. Just a little bit more in the engine bay and on to the floor boards and wheel tubs.
So heres a little car **** for my fellow members.

Attachments

• Barracuda 108.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 433
  • Barracuda 120.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 448
  • Barracuda 119.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 431
  • Barracuda 117.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 431
  • Barracuda 118.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 428
  • Barracuda 116.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 438
  • Barracuda 110.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 441
  • Barracuda 109.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 421
Hey Shannon I have been watching your thread and waiting for a picture of the core support I sent you. Your car is comming along real nice, your doing a great job. I really like looking at these kind of threads just to see your progress. Keep it going looking forward to some more pictures.
Bob

Thanks again for the core support Bob, it cleaned up nicely. Just trying to do a little here and there when I have a chance. It's finally starting to look like a little something.

Got all the welds on the firewall smoothed out today, and the entire outside of the shell metal preped and a good coat of Duponts etch-prime.
Havent really started any body work yet just doing a little metal work here and there and getting it nice and clean. Pics coming soon.
Comin together

Progress Pics

Attachments

• Barracuda 124.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 380
  • Barracuda 123.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 377
  • Barracuda 122.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 371
  • Barracuda 121.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 370
Ready for my winter project I just got my new front and rear floor pans today and my new sheet metal for my mini tub job....:cheers: Just need a gallon of por-15 and I'll be in buisness.

You live in Illinois and no heat? Nice build....

Thanks Tincup, I seen your build and you do some great work,its gonna be a beautiful ride. And no I have no heat except a propane heater, but it doesn't get real cold because its a attached garage and well insulated.

Thanks Tincup, I seen your build and you do some great work,its gonna be a beautiful ride. And no I have no heat except a propane heater, but it doesn't get real cold because its a attached garage and well insulated.

Actually, I meant no heat in the car, you welded up the holes in the firewall. and Thanks....

Havent done to much, its just now starting to get nice enough to get back at it. I did redo my firewall patch and picked up a nice 340 block thanks to Sedanman. Also got a good deal on a set of hooker competition headers. Heres a few pics.

Attachments

• 65 Barracuda Project 162.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 65 Barracuda Project 159.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 65 Barracuda Project 158.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 252
  • 65 Barracuda Project 157.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 256
  • 65 Barracuda Project 156.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 247
  • 65 Barracuda Project 155.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 249
  • 65 Barracuda Project 160.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 250
  • 65 Barracuda Project 152.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 240
  • 65 Barracuda Project 151.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 255
SHARKO nice 340 block thats the best option you can to wreak it .

I have a set of hooker competition headers toooo , and i hope for built in but i have small trouble.

i wish you´r project go forward and thanks for sharing

Well I got one patch welded in the firewall and the other patch smoothed and primed and picked up a new bench grinder.

Attachments

• 65 Barracuda Project 163.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 214
  • 65 Barracuda Project 164.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 209
Got the front floor cut out and cleaned up a little but still alot of cleaning up to do before I hit the inside of the of the rails with some POR-15 and etch prime the whole inside. Then I can weld in the new floor pans,front and rear and make some nice wheel tubs. Then POR-15 the entire inside.

Attachments

• 65 Barracuda Project 154.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 191
  • 65 Barracuda Project 153.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 185
  • 65 Barracuda Project 152.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 197
  • 65 Barracuda Project 151.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 184
  • 65 Barracuda Project 150.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 65 Barracuda Project 155.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 179
Are your neighbors bitchin at ya yet? I spent last summer restoring a car and by day 6 my neighbors came over and started hollering, a batty old woman, shouting at me and calling me mario.

-
Back