Sheet metal 64 Barracuda

-

sixfootdan

Reaction score
Hello all, Just got my first Mopar and just joined I got a very complete 64 Barracuda for $500 The only really bad part is the LR quarter panel. Where is the best place to obtain parts. Thanks Dan

0428101651-00.jpg

0428101650-00.jpg

Your best bet will be southern/southwestern salvage yards. Try Texas Acres, Desert Valley, Wildcat Auto Wreckers. Type Mopar salvage yards into your search engine and go from there. Other than that, you can try your hand at fabricating the patches. Good luck, looks like a cool project.8)

Welcome. I'm the one who recommended the FABO to you over on the HAMB. Glad to see you joined up. The car looks like a pretty good start.

Welcome! Those lower rear quarter patches are available from Laysons. Just don't contact anybody at Layson's though..... use Rick from this forum. Make sure you deal with him and things should go well.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I have the car home now and removed all the plugs. Vacumed it out and washed up the motor a bit. I sprayed penatrant oil in the cylinders and am letting it soak for a week. I was told the car did not break down but was just parked in 1991 and now the motor is locked up. I did notice the push button dash park lever is not working though. I have the door and ing cylinders pulled to get keys made. Then I can open the trunk and get the bags of money out hahaha. Thanks for all the tips. Dan

I have the door and ing cylinders pulled to get keys made. Then I can open the trunk and get the bags of money out hahaha.

Door and ing key are the same , the trunk is different .

Oh No, then how do I get in the trunk? Is the back wall behind the back seat removable?

Not removable from inside car....two spring loaded latches on trunk side at top as seen in photo......hinged across the bottom.

Guess you could cut out the plywwod center to access latchs to drop divider then access trunk latch.......cut a new piece useing old one for pattern.

65 BARRACUDA PICTS 006 (Small).jpg

nice one to start with I believe 65 or 66 also all the same panel? Dan Chryslers at Carlisle good parts place in early July if you are here in mid-atlantic area..Carlisle PA check out website. If it is original look for buildsheet under rear seat..

I guess I could use a hole saw in the plywood like you said, This looks like a real pain, especially if there is a bunch of crap in the trunk! Dan

If you were near me I would help. I had 1 without keys and carefully knocked the chrome cover off the lock then carefully borke the white metal till I could knock it in the trunk. Hopefully you can do the same.

Hows the trunk floor? any rust? if it is rusted then you may be able to reach up through a rust hole in the trunk floor to remove the trunk lock or unlatch the divider panel.

You may also be able to use a strong wire with a hook to pull the divider latches through the plugs in trunk floor.

Hows the trunk floor? any rust? if it is rusted then you may be able to reach up through a rust hole in the trunk floor to remove the trunk lock or unlatch the divider panel.

You may also be able to use a strong wire with a hook to pull the divider latches through the plugs in trunk floor.

Well other than the left quater panel everything seems really solid. I'll mess with it tomorrow I also want to try to break the motor free. I've been spraying penatrant oil in the cylinders almost every day for a week now. I tried to turn it with my breaker bar but I'm just tightning the nut and I don't want to break it. I really hope the motor will be ok. Dan

I have freed locked motors in the past by filling the cylinders with trans. fluid and letting it set for at least a week before trying to turn it just keep them full of trans. fluid.

hook through the floor plug, my thinking exactly. Geez, just get it through that gaping rust hole! The rear devider is a great place for a set of 6X9 speakers (I like 8's myself) so if you are going to cut holes for them anyway, use them to get to the latches.

Ok, I took a hole saw and made two holes so I could reach in and pop each latch no problem. The panel would only move 2 inches because there was sooo much crap in the trunk! So I had to drill big holes across the bottom and undo the bolts to the hinge. I got the divider out and unloaded the trunk through the front of the car. It was hot, dusty, and a colony of super tiny ants were living in there. Now I have the trunk open and pulled the lock out to take to the lock smith. Still letting the locked up motor soak and she still wont turn over.

0509101505-00.jpg

0509101505-01.jpg

0509101515-00.jpg

Find any goodies?

Looks as if your trim belt is in fairly good shape, better than most at least.

-
Back