Shifters

-

ycdart

Reaction score
Many on here really like the Cheeta system shifter For a 727 or 904, But I really am not liking it so much. Looks are as important as performance. And well it looks like something from a 80's K car. What is a good second choice both for looks and performance? Have seen B&M models, like the bandit models.

I have a B&M quarter sticker for my dart and I really like the look with the cover they offer, but the shifter is a bit of a pain with all the gates and safeties on it for street use. JMO

I was trying to decied the same thing....what shifter to use, and I agree the cheeta shifter looks cheesy to me. I'v narrowed it down to the B&M pro stick, as I like how you can change the gate plate if you want to. My second choice would have been the hurst quarter stick, which is very simular to the B&M but I don't belive the plate can be changed out. I know TCI has a simular shifter as well but is priced higher, and if I had to guess, I would say it is probably made by hurst or B&M for them.

Funny part is that I would gladly trade my B&M for a Cheeta any day of the week. A couple of my buddies have Chetta shifters in their race cars and I really like them!

Ya I'm sure the Cheeta works fine, but I'm very paticular how things look on my vehicles, that all.

I have a Hurst Promatic II in my car. I'm not real crazy about the looks of the chrome housing, but it's kinda hard to beat a Hurst shifter.

IMG_6705.jpg

I like the reverse lock-out on the Turbo Action shifter, it only takes one hand to operate the shifter thru any gate.
Most of the B&M or Hurst race shifters require a two handed operation to operate the reverse lock-out.
This can be a little difficult if you are in your seat belts properly.
Thats my 2-cents worth.
None of them make the car any faster.

-
Back