Shilo / 68 Dart / Are you on here??????

-
probably start my car this weekend.... need to get in the mood again :)
Jay

small block on pump swill with a single carb on a cast manifold..... nothing to see here :)

Your welcome it was nice meeting you also. If you ever need anything I will do what I can from the Crower end.
We will be racing in Ultra Street this weekend in Fontana hopefully we can make a good showing with the little Mopar if anybody comes out please stop by our pits and introduce yourself.. weather is supposed to be in the low 80s
IMG_3086.png

Ok. What broke????
Ok second round of the first nmca race of this year at Fontana... the oil pump broke off the block it's literally in 2 pieces.. got 4 rods extremely hot.. and took out all the bearings I really dodged a major bullet. So making some much-needed upgrades to the engine at this time we will be taking the motor off of pump E85 going to a highly oxygenated race fuel and bump compression from just shy of 13 to 1 and North of 16 now...

Ok second round of the first nmca race of this year at Fontana... the oil pump broke off the block it's literally in 2 pieces.. got 4 rods extremely hot.. and took out all the bearings I really dodged a major bullet. So making some much-needed upgrades to the engine at this time we will be taking the motor off of pump E85 going to a highly oxygenated race fuel and bump compression from just shy of 13 to 1 and North of 16 now...
Hopefully be up and running.. soon the custom piston has a substantial lead time thanks for asking

Good to hear, bummed didnt see you out there today at the races. But glad your upgrading.

I had a feeling it was not good.. I really like that Hot Rod! You have done an Awesome Job! Glad to hear it didnt hurt a bunch of hard parts. But I'm sure them Pistons are going to be a hand full. Going with Diamond for the custom set?
Keep us posted on how things are coming along. And again, Great Job !!

I see Steve Sherman would like you to come down and put some of the field in check!...lol
Guess he dose like Mopars.. :)
Hope the Motor go's back together without issue. Cheers

I see Steve Sherman would like you to come down and put some of the field in check!...lol
Well basically have everything now that I need to reassemble.. I'm lacking time at the moment...

Steve and I are very good friends and I have been picking on him for not racing "The White Dart". I told him that Dart is no Joke, and in typical Steve form I got the standard eye roll. The only thing Steve has over the dart is time on the Track at Barona. Its a tricky track that is constantly in flux thru out the day. I believe it will be a two and out, the white dart with the win. My 2 cents

Steve and I are very good friends and I have been picking on him for not racing "The White Dart". I told him that Dart is no Joke, and in typical Steve form I got the standard eye roll. The only thing Steve has over the dart is time on the Track at Barona. Its a tricky track that is constantly in flux thru out the day. I believe it will be a two and out, the white dart with the win. My 2 cents
VZM.IMG_20170817_101355.jpg
piston ****

Going from just shy of 13 to 1 two 15 .5.. an off of pump E85.... and making the move to oxygenated race gas...

20170626_201803.jpg

Also the car has been on a pretty significant diet.. we had been crossing the scales at 3060 lb... and still went 5.60 on a 275 drag radial.. I don't know what it will run at 2900 lb and more power

20170608_185428.jpg

What made you go away from E85 if I might ask. I have only tuned E85, not owned an engine running it. Thanks for the ****. I will post mine soon................for the third time. Looks like CP pistons their bullet series?

What k-member did you go with?
It is a Ross piston designed by Chris.. I took the head over to them and had them digitize the combustion chamber. As far as the K member me and a couple buddies built it.. the K member has been in the car for 2 years and drives like a dream.. as far as E85 I love it... very easy to tune and very forgiving... however I had signs of detonation, on the bottom side.. I had replaced bearings multiple times... talking to several people they believed it detonation could have most likely caused a vibration that broke the oil pump off the block... this Theory is above my pay scale.. but like I said there was definite signs of detonation... and being naturally aspirated we run the motor right on the edge... when the car was running in the 5.70 range I wasn't having an issue.. but as we started spinning the motor higher and going faster weird things started happening... converter welding in to crank.. main caps rattled on block.. carburetor shaking loose.. and finally oil pump breaking off the block.... 5.60 at 3060 lb according to Wallace racing calculator shows 886hp at the crank... from the research that I have done I don't think its power that the e85 has an issue with.. but it could be RPM.. so hopefully the new combination will live a happy life.. concerning Steve Sherman.. eventually we will cross paths hopefully sooner than later... he is a great promoter.. but I think we can stick the Mopar on top

-
Back