Shipping a non running car

-
Catch a flight to Harrisburg or Baltimore in July so you can visit Carlisle & take in the show.

Then we can tow it back to CO, just pay for gas & share the driving.

you mean ship it .....restore it ....then drive it back to PA for Carlise ....parked next to Hector :usflag:

Rani, I had my 68 GTS delivered here from SW Indiana, 2 years ago for $650. I use U Ship Brokers. it was delivered by a fly by night kinda guy., on an open trailer, behind an old Ford Van ( That I think he Slept In ). But it got here safe and sound. It was a full resto needed Roller, so I wasn't overly concerned.

I used U-Ship when I moved to PA from AK. I got all three cars to one place in WA state with explicit instructions they ship together.

That did not happen.

The first one was delivered to a place 40 miles away from where it was supposed to go & left there. Since it went elsewhere they would not tell me where since it had not been paid for. Payment was understood to be upon delivery, but they did not deliver. I had to report it stolen to find out where it was.

Car 2 arrived as it was supposed to.

Car 3 was covered in gravel & stone chips, the windshield cracked.

All three cars came separately over a 6 week period & it took a month for them to tell me where they dropped the 'stolen' car.

U-Ship sucks.

It cost me $1700 to bring my non runner from CA to IL. I had $2700 in a bare rustfree shell

I don't care what anybody says. Brokers are slimeballs. Try to deal with the shipper directly if you can.

They claim the closer you get to Mexico in CA it becomes a dead zone for vehicle shipping. They were the cheapest and recommended by the FABO member I bought the car from

Check the ads in Hemmings for shippers. You should be able to get some estimates and you you might find one based in Co.
I've used some of the guys on Moparts too with great results.
I think it should cost about $1 per mile.

I had a shell shipped on casters and they stuck the strap hook inside the tail light opening and cranked it down and put a strap over the front end and crunched the DS fender. I have been getting the run around for months and I assume they are going to stiff me on it.

View attachment 1715000388

View attachment 1715000389
I can say if this was my car I would have assisted in the strapping myself, if I wasn't there I would have had a competent person or detailed instructions on how I wanted it tied down and make them send pics prior. Most car carriers aren't setup to haul a shell and have probably no clue, they are more concerned about not getting an unsecured load violation. Having something like that not tied down in the trailer can cause a lot of destruction to itself and or other items in the trailer going down the road. Sorry this happened though, as a car guy I am fighting back my tears right now looking at them pics of the bent panels.

And the guy I bought the car from had the fenders taken apart,took all of the dents out and welded back together and were in NOS shape before transport

-
Back