-
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailerParkGinger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for Mr.Gasket 1288 rear shock extensions. I recently received ESPO 2" over stock leaf springs and have looked to no avail for the discontinued shock extensions. If anyone has aset for a reasonable price feel free to PM me. Picture of the extensions below.

IMG_4638.JPG

Dang, those were scary back in the 70's when they came out. There might be a good reason why they quit making them..I know you want them but just get longer shocks instead. One and done!

Dang, those were scary back in the 70's when they came out. There might be a good reason why they quit making them..I know you want them but just get longer shocks instead. One and done!
Are they really that sketchy? I've not heard anything too bad about them besides people don't likethe look.

I tell you what was unsafe: Hyper-extending your shocks and lifting the rear wheels off the tarmac going over a crazy dip or bump. the sound those shocks made trying to pull out of the floorboard was awful at speed.

My current shocks are 22.64" extended length KYB Gas a Just. I am going to install 2" over stock leaf springs, do you think rancho adjustable 24" shocks would do the job? Since the consensus is longer shocks rather than extensions. Never really thought they were so disliked.

My current shocks are 22.64" extended length KYB Gas a Just. I am going to install 2" over stock leaf springs, do you think rancho adjustable 24" shocks would do the job? Since the consensus is longer shocks rather than extensions. Never really thought they were so disliked.
Old imperial shocks are longer, used to be the hot tip w/ s.s. springs. Altho u may have to change the bushings to make them work. You can still buy them. I tried a pair of those shock extenders on the hemi back in the day, I wouldn`t use them on anything that has a lot of h.p. and will hook once in a while !

Hi, Mancini sells 2" longer shocks about $40 each.
Believe this is #P4529514.

D.

Well the Consensus is to avoid these things like the plague. I'm going to mark this thread found because you guys changed my mind. Sorry to those if I wasted your time. Thank you to others for possibly keeping my ride safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back