shocks for ss springs

-

terry

Reaction score
hi folks
can any body give me some idea or part numbers for a correct shock to use with my ss springs on my 68 barracuda? i do currently have mopar ss shocks on but feel i could use something new. and they are discontinued for the 4 speed application. the closest i find are some monroe gas shocks for a 70-71 imperial. 26 inches extended and 15 inch contracted. its just that the bore dia. is 1.190 and my current shocks are 1 3/8. car is for street mostly
thanks

seems i read somewhere the pick up shocks are a good fit but don't know myself

As long as you know your dimensions, send Rancho an email and give them your info and ask for 9 position adjustables. I did that for my buddies 67 Ford. we got a shock that will work from a Ford half ton. I know Dodge half tons are the correct length, look into it.

mancini racing part # KYBKG5413 $49.99 each

mancini racing
between Monday, July 1 and Sand midnight Sunday, July 6 and enter promo code USA in the comment box and you'll receive an additional 10% Savings* on almost everything throughout our online store.

*NOTE - Not applicable cylinder heads, blocks, crate engines, TTI headers and exhaust systems, MSD, Mopar collectables, Rotating Assemblies and clearance Items

Wanna drag? If so find a 50/50 shock for the rear. Bilstein, Koni, KYB, Competition Engineering all make 'em

I have ss springs on my 4 speed car and Herb McCandless told me for drag run the softest shocks I could find for a C body to let the springs work correctly, they won't pre-load right if the shock is too short/stiff, I think I got monroes they were $25 a piece, car runs straight and hard and rides great on the street but its scary around corners

hi folks
can any body give me some idea or part numbers for a correct shock to use with my ss springs on my 68 barracuda? i do currently have mopar ss shocks on but feel i could use something new. and they are discontinued for the 4 speed application. the closest i find are some monroe gas shocks for a 70-71 imperial. 26 inches extended and 15 inch contracted. its just that the bore dia. is 1.190 and my current shocks are 1 3/8. car is for street mostly
thanks

The imperial shocks are the right length for the rear but the upper bushing is incorrect.

i got rancho 9 way shocks from a ford bronco from rock auto

Best thing is to measure shock length with the rear hanging and shocks removed. Center to center on the mount post and add an inch. The extended length is more important than the compressed side. Really don't want the shock being your limiter on either end.

I think there are 3 base numbers with compressed and extended lengths:
99113 - 13.280 20.030
99114 - 15.410 24.290
99116 - 15.140 23.750

I cant remember which one i went with, but i may have the box kicking around with the part number on it, if i remember to look at it.

hi folks
thanks

Yes,this dimension works...(on M.P.002/003 springs,on a stock 8 3/4' ears.... Check out Competition Engineering, on a budget,QA-1's other wise....

hi folks thanks for all your input. I was able to find some Monroe shocks p/n 66859 that had an extended length of 27 1/8 " and it had the correct size loop hole bushings as my 68 barracuda. my current mopar ss shocks extend 25 inches so I hope these will help. i was able to find them for 35 dollars each at shock.com with free shipping.

good deal.when i had ss springs they had shocks that were extended length(mancinni).i think you can also use truck shocks,not sure what year.or c body

-
Back