shorty headers

-

ktcnn94

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone knows if shorty headers for a Dakota will fit a '71 swinger with a 318? I have found a set that look to be new that are somewhat local that I can get pretty reasonable, the guy says they are for a dart but from all the pics I have found they seem to be Dakota headers, just don't wanna buy something that wont fit. I'm not dead set on headers by any means im ok with manifolds as long as they flow good for street use, but I don't really wanna do long tubes when I install a refreshed engine because I want the front end as low as possible and don't wanna drag everytime I go somewhere. even though I really enjoy the sound of a nice long tube header. thanks

Don't buy until you read the many posts on this. I recall "don't fit" is the consensus. Probably T-bar interference.

yeah I found some earlier posts, RRR stated they don't fit and I seen several others say as well. i'll pass on them. thanks for the help.

Hedman makes shorties that are for that application. Summit carries them.

I Have the Headman Shortys on my 70 Dart, bad to the bone love them!!!!!!!

Did you manage to build some nice headpipes for them? from what i have seen hedman failed in locating the collectors in a good position and angle.

muddog, on the headman shorty's, how do they sound and can you notice any power gain and also as 1fast340 asked were they hard to get pipes to them considering where they dump? thanks

-
Back