Should big blocks go in A bodys?

-
The difference between a fully assembled small block and big block is about 150 pounds. Basically nothing as far as the suspension is concerned.
I'm about 50 pounds heavier than when I was in my prime. Maybe I could start there.

The "nose heavy" issue has been solved by aluminum heads, aluminum intake, headers, aluminum radiator, aluminum bumper, fiberglass hood (with scoop of course), skinny aluminum wheels with skinny tires, etc, etc, etc. So there's no reason for not putting a big block in an A body!!!:steering::steering::steering::steering::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And don't forget about the aluminum block!!

I`d almost kill for an alum. block !
Well not really ------------

The only stock Abody I would like to have is the 440 Dart, Car And Driver did a story on a one back in the day. There test car was stolen from them and street raced for about a year in the NY area. Car ran 11s at the track by the thieves.

I only posted because I've had both and know what both are capable of especially with the parts available now. I usually break it down into how fast do you want to go because at a certain point money becomes a part of the equation. Even today owning one small block duster and two big block dusters I know which one I would rather work on by myself especially at my age. Things get a little tighter.View attachment 1715647876

That is some ridiculously nice workmanship!!

That is some ridiculously nice workmanship!!

I can’t claim any credit for the green car. I bought it as a roller 4 years ago with hope of putting an Indy head 512 mega block in it. Car may be going up for sale if I don’t start on it soon. To many projects for an oldtimer like me.

-
Back