Should I trade?

-
My feeling is to put a good "highish" value on the Dart, and then decide if you think you can get that back when you unload the A100, which i believe you will at some point sooner rather than later. Yes it's cool, but too much of a novelty for most folks. Reminds me of a buddy who traded a Vette for a show winning T-bucket. Was very cool at first, but became garage art fairly quick.

I appreciate all the advise guys keep it coming. I value all the opinions for sure and Thank you

It's a nice truck, and it will be fast. If you trade, you should drive it straight home and put disc brakes on it. Be advised that it will be VERY squirrely on top end if you run it at a 1/4 mile dragstrip. A friend of mine had one set up pretty much the same way, but had a 500" stroker in it. It was in the 10's, and looked very impressive carrying the front wheels 50 or 60 feet off the line....but it wanted to lift the front end when you got it over 120-125 mph. He sold it so he wouldn't get killed in it! Good luck.

Guy says truck never overheated in 90 degree heat. He said it is loud going down the road for sure. Im sure the Dart is way more comfortable. Ive owned the Dart for 7 years and I think Im ready for something different .

Sounds like you've made up your mind and are just trying to convince yourself.

it'll always have the kewl factor at the shows your aways goint to see dusters demons and darts like nova"s and chevelles a nd camaros that thing is like seeing 2 65 barracuda"s at a show

I wouldnt be racing it. I would just cruise it and go to local shows. Yeah I am trying to convince myself a bit lol . Is it that obvious?

That a100 was on ebay like 6 months ago. I wanted to bid on it but had just bought abother car

Yeah the truck came from Texas and was sold to the guy im dealing with. Its also here on the thread titled a100

I like the A-100 but i think i would stay with the dart but that is just me

couple more pictures

Attachments

• DSC02112.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC02120.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 332
  • DSC02113.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 316
The Dart Sport looks great with the sublime color, but I will say seeing that you have 3 other a's in the stable I would go with the a-100. That truck looks mean sitting still. As stated before, I would change front drums to discs for sure. Never see them at any shows so it will catch alot of looks especially with the stripe on the sides.

That is sweet looking and hate to be in your position:dontknow:.....but then again I could wish.

Yeah the truck came from Texas and was sold to the guy im dealing with. Its also here on the thread titled a100

Something to consider. I'm always nervous about something someone wants to trade. I usually see that as a sign that they can't sell it very easily or it's not worth the same as what you have. The other thing that would make me nervous is that he hasn't owned it very long. I'm not saying it's not done right or he's shady or anything, but it may not be the most user friendly vehicle to own & the novelty wears off quickly. Roller coasters might be fun, but no one wants to ride one for an hour at a time.

It does look cool though!!

Something to consider. I'm always nervous about something someone wants to trade. I usually see that as a sign that they can't sell it very easily or it's not worth the same as what you have. The other thing that would make me nervous is that he hasn't owned it very long. I'm not saying it's not done right or he's shady or anything, but it may not be the most user friendly vehicle to own & the novelty wears off quickly. Roller coasters might be fun, but no one wants to ride one for an hour at a time.

Slappy did mention that sellers wife would not ride in it.

That is a good point. Maybe he bought it and now that the cool factor has worn off so he wants to unload it. It is cool but for how long before the cool factor might wear off for you and will you be able to unload it. Think long and think hard instead of getting in a rush so you will be sure that you are doing the right thing. If you decide it is good for you then go for it.

The a-100 is pretty cool. Do you have safety inspections in your state? Looks like lexan windshield with no windshield wipers...not too street friendly. I would take an extensive test drive to see if you could live with the "truck". The current owner is selling it pretty quickly after purchasing it. That would be a red flag for me.

When i saw the pic of your dart, my first thought was wow that's nice! Then when i saw the a-100 i thought holy crap that's cool!!! You aren't very likely to see another one of those at any shows. Also noticed the windshield and wondered about vehicle inspection in your state. If i still liked it after a nice long test ride and didn't have to worry about inspection i'd do it.

I would trade it were one of these 2 A-100's.

Attachments

• 12a.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 273
  • a100-21.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 293
You are having a hard time deciding between a beak car and that cool A100? The A100 will always be worth more than a beak car if they are in the same condition...

If this was me I would be posting.. look what I traded for instead of should I?

I love those trucks.. and they are getting harder to find good ones now... There is nothing wrong with someone wanting to trade, allot of people now a days do not have cash falling out of their pockets and this is the only way they can get something else..

Post some more pics of it when you get it home..

-
Back