should i trade???

should i trade?????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
no dont do it , been there done that have kick my self in the a@@ ever since . bought mine new in 74 kept it 23 yrs an then sold it . what a fool i was . if i could fine it today i'd buy it back . if you want the car buy it but dont trade

maybe techinally but not in the looks dept. the dart sport has those big ugly bumpers, the ugly front clip and boring square tail lights. the demon is just bad *** and a great looking car, and the duster just looks better then a dart sport in my opinion. duster even though it has big bumpers they look better on the car, the front clip matches the car better and the tail lights are better, not as good as the 72 down dusters but better then the dart sports in my opinion. hell i have a 76 dart sport and can't wait to change the front clip to a 72 and put a demon tail light panel in the thing.
I agree with the above. I too would take a Duster over a Dart Sport,just din't like the front clips. I will just hang on to all my Demon's.

John

I like the 340 4 spd. over the 360 auto., but I like the 73-76 Duster over the 73-76 Dart Sport.

I personally like yours better,cause of the color and interior,just my preference.Both look super nice.

Personaly I would keep the 360......
The option combo of A/C, sunroof and fold-down rear seat on a 360 car with that color combo is extremely rare and your car looks great.
And if you really wanta stick you can always throw one it for now and switch back to stock later.

both are smog dogs, sell yours and look for a 70 down car..

You say you got married in the Duster, and you want to sell it even though the wife loves it???? Somebody get the key to MoPar happiness from 74360duster before he checks out on this one. Are you crazy, man!!! Lets see, now for a little marital psychology lesson, it sounds something like this... "No, honey, it's for you!!! Oh, you LOVE the Duster??? Well, then you can drive that, and I'll drive the Dart to shows, and just think of what a cute pair we'll be. Besides the red matches the color of your eyes, err... I mean, the Highlights in your hair!!!! IMO, keep the one the whole family is happy with, and you'll have a happy family. Besides, the biggest reason not to trade is that you'll have to change your FABO ID and profile, and we'll have to welcome you all over again, and your friends won't know where to find you. Or is that the real reason??? Might as well face it, you're addicted to Love!!! LOL!!! I'm outta here, lock up when you leave, Geof

Keep the Duster because of its rarity, and the fact of the memories associated with your wedding. If you trade, you'll lose those and won't be able to get them back.
Build the Demon with a stroker 340 and you'll then have the best of both worlds.

They are both really nice cars!I,m more into 340 4 SPEED CARS.IF THAT DART SPORT IS ALL ORIGINAL #,S MATCH AND ORIGINAL PANELS I WOULD THINK IT WOULD BE WORTH MORE,BUT YOUR DUSTER IS A MOONROOF CAR.BIG DECISION,BUY IT AND KEEP BOTH CAUSE THERE BOTH THAT NICE.Very hard choice!!good luck.Oh ya and the COLOUR of that Dart Sport TB3(PETTY BLUE,STREET BASIN BLUE)VERY RARE.11,000 DART SPORTS IN 73.HOW MANY 340 4 SPEED? ALSo how many TB3?I have,nt been able to find out,but i know their rare.jusst my 2 cents.Mine,s appraised at 22,000 2 years ago.Since then I have stroked the 72 340 and put at least another 4 grand in goodies!!

wedding shot 3 yrs ago. not a good picture. taking a picture of a picture did not turn out really well. but here it is. she loves the car.

DSC01700.JPG

If the wife loves the car it`s a no brainer. KEEP THE CAR! P.S. ...................you guys are a handsome couple.

Myself I like the looks of your Duster alot better.Duster looks nicer to me.I do not like the color combo of the Dart Sport.And the Dart Sport does not look as detailed as the Duster.For about $2500.00 you can always convert the Duster to a 4 speed.
Jim

Heres my 2 cents. I would keep your car as it appears to me that yours has more options such as the Tuff Wheel, Console, Sun Roof, A/C, Rear Spoiler and all you would really be doing is trading a Red Duster for a Blue Dart Sport. I personally like the looks of the Duster better. For what its worth you could just convert your car to a 4 speed and not destroy anything with the car and have an even more fun car. I'd be willing to bet that once you traded you would miss your A/C and sun roof not to mention the sentimental value your car has to your family. Would your wife be willing to drive a 4 speed car? I had a 4 speed in my 74 Challenger 440 car and when I got married the wife really couldnt drive it so I switched it to an auto and I have just as much fun with it that way. Your 360 is basically the same as that 73 340 anyways except more cubes, both have cast cranks,and I believe both have the 1.88 heads. Greg

Your 360 car is sick!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will kick yourself later.

408 stroker sleeper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing like adding a 100hp to get that new car feeling back

Do Not Trade, Yours Is Way Nicer. Better Options And You Always Go Too A Show And Every Duster Is A 340 Car. But I Have Not Seen A Car Like Yours, All A-Body Guys Will Know What They See When The See Yours. That,s Why I Built A 440 Duster, Just To Stand Out A Little. That Is hat Your Car Does Too Me.

If it was me and I had anyway I could keep the Duster, and the Dart, (and the Demon,) I do that. Then the Demon you could build whatever way you want...408-416 ect, 5-or 6 speed, pro-street, ect..
If you get the chance, one man can never have enough toys!
On another note, If you had both the Duster and Dart, which one would you drive more?

On another note, If you had both the Duster and Dart, which one would you drive more?[/QUOTE]

i believe i would drive the 4spd more. i like to jam gears. my wife like to drive sticks:) but as stated from some of you the moonroof, a/c, and cruise control are awfully nice when out on a sunny sunday drive or hotter than hell and need some a/c to cool off.

If you get rid of the Duster I will personally reach through the computer screen and strangle you!!!!!!!!!! Don't make the mistake too many of us have made in our youth. If you're doing this for financial reasons I understand but otherwise you'll regret it. I sold a matching # '71 Duster 340 with 4spd, Tuff wheel, ft disc brakes, and rear wing back in 1988. It was the first car I bought with my own money. Still have photos of myself with the car.

-
Back