Shoulder and foot pain.

-
Same here. Thats when i started wearing work boots.
I have been wearing shoes w/ big arch supports in them, and about got my bruised heel fixed up. But yesterday I was taking food out to the dogs between rain storms, and the ground was slick where the dogs have worn the dead burmuda grass off of it. It`s a slight grade , and my right foot slipped forward as on ice, which let my left leg buckle and bend back flat , under me , reinjuring the knee I tore up on a 4 wheeler about 2 1/2 yrs ago. I laid there in the mud and rain for a bit about to cry, dam it hurt. Now it`s so stiff I cant straighten it , or bend it past walking distance. Seems like I`m starting all over again !-----------DAMMIT RAY !

Try Ariat boots. They also have woman specific. I'll be getting a pair next. Sockwell compression socks help also. Get mats to put between your shoes and concrete. Watch what you eat and posture as well.

Redwing shoes/boots are not for everyone, they cannot fit me since I have very narrow feet for a man, between an A & a B width. My suggestion is go try on work shoes/boots at WalMart, Academy, & whom ever else sells work boots/shoes in your area. JMHO

my problem with redwings are them having no shock absorbing to them.. i bought a set with the softest sole i could find and they still suck.. took my like 8 pairs to find a pair that actually fit my foot decent..

the big deal with redwings were they were made in the USA. not any more.. very few are USA made these days. no use paying a perineum for an inferior boot thats made overseas, i'll go with a superior boot thats cheaper and made overseas and happy feet and joints..:)

I got some steel toed, ESD shoes from work. Darn thing are few years old, but are they nice. Hushpuppies. I have a pair of Red Wings bought from a shoe store where my feet were actually measured. Things were very comfortable for about three months, then not so good anymore.

Just found out my left leg is shorter than the right. Was looking for a place to install a lift. Ended up at an older shoe store. He had mee take my hiking boots off. If you can grab a shoe by the heel and toe areas and twist the sole with little effort the shoes are worthless. You need good, firm soles for support.

Just found out my left leg is shorter than the right. Was looking for a place to install a lift. Ended up at an older shoe store. He had mee take my hiking boots off. If you can grab a shoe by the heel and toe areas and twist the sole with little effort the shoes are worthless. You need good, firm soles for support.
Shorter!!!! YES a drunk hit me head on 35 years ago, shattered my left kneecap and cut the tendons there clear into. Well after a few years it healed up, yep, that leg is shorter than my other would you believe. Only time I really know it is when in the saddle. seems to be 1/2 inch shorter! Of course, I never could squat after than wreck.
PS please don't drink and drive!!

Might need to see a good chiropractor??

Shorter!!!! YES a drunk hit me head on 35 years ago, shattered my left kneecap and cut the tendons there clear into. Well after a few years it healed up, yep, that leg is shorter than my other would you believe. Only time I really know it is when in the saddle. seems to be 1/2 inch shorter! Of course, I never could squat after than wreck.

DAM, that sounds bad !

Chiropractor? Last I checked bones can't be stretched. Had a half inch lift built onto the sole of my left shoe. Once I get used to it I will take some of my other boots in to have the lift made.

so just got back from the boot store.. the normal timberlands i get are being phased out.. picked up one of their new models.. composite toe feel about the same weight maybe a hair lighter then the ones i usually get and have the anti fatigue built into them.. very comfortable wearing them around the store.. toe box seems bigger which is nice.. guess we will see how they feel at work tomorrow night...

my problem with redwings are them having no shock absorbing to them.. i bought a set with the softest sole i could find and they still suck.. took my like 8 pairs to find a pair that actually fit my foot decent..

the big deal with redwings were they were made in the USA. not any more.. very few are USA made these days. no use paying a perineum for an inferior boot thats made overseas, i'll go with a superior boot thats cheaper and made overseas and happy feet and joints..:)
Agree, I used to wear the 218 loggers. The new ones are not what they used to be. I had no problem paying 3 bills when it was a good boot. They got sent back. Not sure what's next, White's,Nick's, Hoffmans.... currently in some Carolina loggers, not bad.

Tall socks with calf support make a big difference. Flip floppy tennis shoes just don't get it for me on concrete.

Chiropractor? Last I checked bones can't be stretched. Had a half inch lift built onto the sole of my left shoe. Once I get used to it I will take some of my other boots in to have the lift made.
Rainy was the OP with this. I have had some adjustments made a few times years back, that helped a bunch. The lady is way to young to hurt. Chiropractors are like other doctors, YOU need a good one!!!
First time I went to a chiropractor decades ago, my farmer friend recommended his, but said be sure to be there first thing. WELL I got busy and got there bot 11 am, thi guy is 6-6 and 275 ..... he gave me that first squeeze and my body made a loud POP!! He hollars out "My God I broke your **^^^# back"! I said you SOB ya better not have!!! He laughed. I looked at him real hard, his face was really red, and. then I figured out he was already really drunk!!!!!! ha... BUT he fixed my back one trip there.

Don’t know how old you are Rainy, but welcome to my world.
If I were you I would go to a podiatrist.
I spent nearly $700 on inserts from the good feet store and they didn’t do squat.

Went to the podiatrist, he sold me a pair for $60 and the have helped a lot with my foot pain.

compression stockings. good footwear. yoga. I don't like yoga, but it unfortunately works better than anything else.

AND......we hurt when we were 20.....we just didn't care. recovery was quicker.

Don’t know how old you are Rainy, but welcome to my world.
If I were you I would go to a podiatrist.
I spent nearly $700 on inserts from the good feet store and they didn’t do squat.

Went to the podiatrist, he sold me a pair for $60 and the have helped a lot with my foot pain.
I have hardware and a plate in my back and an ankle replacement on one side and a hardware reconstructed ankle on the other side from an accident at age 15. I wore high heels more often than not in my 20s despite doctors saying no way. It never hurt bad before and then when I turned 30 it seems suddenly everything hurts when I never had problems before.

The timberland line up looks good and they have a good selection of women's sizes.

Thanks for all the replies and you guys be careful out there.

I have hardware and a plate in my back and an ankle replacement on one side and a hardware reconstructed ankle on the other side from an accident at age 15. I wore high heels more often than not in my 20s despite doctors saying no way. It never hurt bad before and then when I turned 30 it seems suddenly everything hurts when I never had problems before.

The timberland line up looks good and they have a good selection of women's sizes.

Thanks for all the replies and you guys be careful out there.

Wow! I had no idea. I just turned 58, and I think most of my foot pain is just Year’s and years of being on my feet all day. And now working as a custodian at a high school I’m on my feet all night and I walk around 5 miles a night at work.

Foot pain!? Don't ever get a bone spur on your heel!! Had 1 20 years ago, I was on horses all day and if I stepped off wrong, wow, a knife in the foot would have felt good compared. Doc said, it will go away, it did,,,2 weeks later I had one on other foot!!!! lol it left, and not had one since.
Maybe Rant needs to apply some DMSO and rust penetrant ( your fav. brand) !???
I bet it get harder all the time to find quality and affordable boots for foot problems!

I can say this, I wear whats commonly known as "cowboy boots". The ones made by Justin, Tony Lama, Ariat to name a few.... are pretty "lame". Better brands have better shanks, construction, ,... but if you have an odd foot like mine,I really need a custom made boot that is made to fit MY foot. I have high instep and a somewhat narrow foot. Well they are not cheap, and I have never owned a custom made pair. I simple by a letter brand like Rio of Mercedes that actually at least offers a B width.

New Balance for me too, especially since they're the only ones that offer my size 15 4E.

I think Asics does in your size, if you're into running shoes at all. I have to get them, their 4e is the widest out there, all the others are too narrow for me.

I used to wear a 15 but in Asics I'm wearing a 14.

maybe that style redwing but man we were forced to get redwing boots at work last year.. holy ****.. worst boot i've ever worn. just about everyone at work complained about them too.. even supervisors that don't do the standing and walking we do.. this year we told them we are buying our own and they are writing the $150 check to reimburse us like it used to be.. funny thing is that our safety guy at work was on a all hands meeting with most of the other plants around the country and as soon as he said we hated the redwings 4 or 5 other plants chimed in and echoed our complaints... i'm going back to the timberland pro with composite safety toe and anti fatigue. man are they comfortable and keep the joints happy..

I used to wear Redwing work boots and they were awesome. I was very reserved about the first Chinese pair I bought but the salesman assured me I wouldn't see an issue. Forty yards into a cold field, first time I'd worn em, first day of hunting season, the heel came unglued on one. Took em back, raised hell and scared off their other customers, got my money back, and said ' Never again! '

-
Back