show me a pic of your aftermarket instrument panel

-
I remember this thread when I was wondering what to do about my dash. I was looking at Rocky Mountain dashes but they went out of business or something. I still wasn't really 100% sold on Rocky but I wanted something different of course. I finally have got the dash pretty much done. I might add or take away later but for now it's good. Installed a dash cap, custom fitted Auto Meter MCX gauges, rewired the car with the fuse box in the glove box with added room.

The first picture is the "before" pic.

DSC01018.jpg

DSC01987.jpg

DSC01984.jpg

DSC01994.jpg

DSC01981.jpg

for the dash pads, can you just recover them with what ever material your using, or do you have to get a new one or strip off the old material somehow?
100_01571.jpg

100_01581.jpg

Joe,
great job, flat facing the dash is a great way to go.
I intend to do the same.I however will also have to fit the AC vents for clasic air's system into the mix.The usefullness of my glove box is still up for debate.
Andrew

Joe,
great job, flat facing the dash is a great way to go.
I intend to do the same.I however will also have to fit the AC vents for clasic air's system into the mix.The usefullness of my glove box is still up for debate.
Andrew

Hey Blue,

Which CAA a/c system will you be installing, the "Perfect Fit" or one of their universal fit units ?

Hot Rod Air has some univ evaps with an option for fresh air imput, always wondered how easly one could adapt that with as Mopar's OEM fresh air duct... I am more familar with B-body underdash areas.

John

moparsky
I just spoke to the folks at Classic air and I think I will have to go with a universal kit because I want to ditch the cables and go with servo controls. The perfect fit kit uses the cables only. I also do not want to mount the passenger vents under the dash.
Andrew

Joe440:
Still love the dash but have a question.Did you have to put the divider between your sections there for a strength issue or is it just there to divide the guage clusters?
Andrew

blue missle- if you look close at mine the two sections are different hieghts. The middle had to be a little taller so the stereo and the bigger 2 5/8 gauges would fit. That little section helped to bring the two different angles and heights together. It also does give a little strength. But depending on what your doing i'm sure you could possibly go with out it.

Not aftermarket.Homemade.Aluminum panel,exhuast pipe,paint=$32.00 minus
the guages.They didnt have an aftermarket when i built this one but it works.

DASH.jpg

DASH2.jpg

Does anyone make a drop in panel for the 70 - 71's?

just a rocky mountain dash that i bought from a fellow member. filled the heater control cutout and the wipers/lights holes to mount my own switches. also did spaz's idea for the glove box. added my own style by wrapping the dash in suede.

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

Just a question: I have a stock cluster but looking to add a 3-gauge set somewhere else so I can have Voltage-Oil PSI-Vacuum, where did those of you with an extra set of 3 get yours and how much were they?

Sorry for the thread revival, but is rocky mountain dashes still around? Their domain seems to have gone AWOL.

For those of you that used the Redline insert, did you finish/paint yours? The ABS plastic looks to be fairly rough, so I'm guessing it needs finished.

Thanks in advance.

looking to ditch the instrument dash panel and blank out the radio, i want to make room for sum autometer gauges, already have tack,oil press,temp hooked up. also have fuel gauge and amp meter, just need mph or do i it's a street car though.

can you post sum pics of a custom in dash gauge set up, an early 70s dart is what im working on thanks, pictures please

Mine in 71 Demon

1971-demon-other-demon-2.jpg

-
Back