Show me your fuel regulator location

-

rod7515

Reaction score
Going to have to mount my fuel regulator and was hoping to see some pics of how and where you mounted yours. Mine is a mallory that will include a return to tank. Also did you put yours before or after the carb feed.
Thanks Rod

Going to have to mount my fuel regulator and was hoping to see some pics of how and where you mounted yours. Mine is a mallory that will include a return to tank. Also did you put yours before or after the carb feed.
Thanks Rod

if your running a return to the tank you always put it after the carb. you want to hold the set fuel pressure in the float bowls. that way the carb takes what it needs and the rest goes back to the tank.

Mounted mine before the fuel rail. Holds 8 psi at all times except when braking hard with low fuel, causing fuel slosh. I have yet to see a drop in pressure with this setup otherwise.

Here's where I've got mine.. Not good for the air cleaner though..

IMG_3556_zps6ibuz2sc.jpg

Here's mine. On the inner fender.
Ted

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 429
  • 003.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 471
if your running a return to the tank you always put it after the carb. you want to hold the set fuel pressure in the float bowls. that way the carb takes what it needs and the rest goes back to the tank.

there is more than one way to skin a cat but this^^^^^^^ is the best way i'm told .

Unless you use a real "bypass" regulator, which IMHO is a better system. Then it does not matter, just mount it close to the carb. Inner fender worked for me. Please reference these installation instructions for the bypass regulator: [ame="http://aeromotiveinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/133-0111-0revF.pdf"]http://aeromotiveinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/133-0111-0revF.pdf[/ame]

I'm fuel injected but it shows a different way of doing things, threaded directly into the fuel rail.

Attachments

• IMG_6164.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 317
-
Back