Show off your cages

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
Starting on the cage this sat and looking for ideas on my 8.50 cage in my Dart. I'll prolly put 3 swing kits (one on each door and one from the rear). I wanted to see how close u guys go to the A pillar. hoop, etc..

I don't think you can put a swing kit in the rear bar ( is this the seatbelt bar?) And if your building an 8.50 cage why are you putting a swing out on the passenger door?

I'll look into the regs, I'm putting a swing arm in the pass for the wife.

I'll figure out the rules but in the meantime I just want to see pics

Will take pictures when I go out there tomorrow. Mine is pretty tight to the a pillars, no screws necessary to hold the plastic trim on. Have swing out rails in mine, they were done so that if they are open they will not make contact with the side windows. Don't know if the swing out seat rail will be legal.

Found this, not much help........
All cage structures must have in their construction a cross bar for
seat bracing and as the shoulder harness attachment point; cross
bar must be installed no more than 4 inches below, and not above,
the driver’s shoulders, or to side bar. All required rear braces must
be installed at a minimum angle of 30 degrees from vertical and
must be welded in.

I do know that swing bars are nhra legal. Or at least I have seen certified cages with them installed

My car has a very wide trans tunnel in it. With the seats I will be using the side bars had to be straight, they could not be bent to clear the arm rests. I was going to use plastic door panels so my body guy just stripped the arm rest bases down and sprayed them with black krinkle paint. Also if you run the snout bars like mine are I am pretty sure it rules out the possibility of a Procahrger or a pair of Turbos. Cage is tucked in pretty tight everywhere. Rained the day I took it to get certified so it got a bit dirty...Hope this helps.....

Attachments

• CIMG1244 (Medium).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 583
  • CIMG1221 (Medium).jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 559
  • CIMG1234 (Medium).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 544
  • CIMG1236 (Medium).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 562
  • CIMG1237 (Medium).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 565
  • CIMG1239 (Medium).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 551
  • CIMG1240 (Medium).jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 574
  • CIMG1241 (Medium).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 579
  • CIMG1242 (Medium).jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 594
  • CIMG1243 (Medium).jpg
    68 KB · Views: 562
I don't think you can put a swing kit in the rear bar ( is this the seatbelt bar?) And if your building an 8.50 cage why are you putting a swing out on the passenger door?

Yes you can but when you Race it has to have Grade 8 Bolts instead of the quick release pins in it. I am talking about the Back Seat.

That Dart looks good. The clown that put the bars in my race Demon ripped out the headliner in the process.

Mines not done yet........ Alston has the Door swing out Clevis's on back order and they should be here next week. The door bars will be cut and the Clevis's added on both doors. There will also be tubes going thru the trunk and tying into the Upper Shock Tower for the coil overs, the upper 4 link bars are also attached to this bar.

View attachment phpCFMEaHPM.jpg

View attachment php81J6UwPM.jpg

View attachment php3eI4cAPM.jpg

View attachment php4wsYPMPM.jpg

View attachment phpFdgjCZPM.jpg

View attachment phpe2kxcBPM.jpg

View attachment phpD3LLgPPM.jpg

View attachment php5iwXkHPM.jpg

View attachment phpdAvmUEPM.jpg

View attachment php24v2f2PM.jpg

Here are some pics of mine, I have no idea how tech will qualify it, but it is a hell of alot safer than the original car. The crossbar is removable and secured with grade 8 bolts top and bottom. my intent is to use it only for racing so the rear seats can be used by midgits or people without legs:D
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo455.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 512
  • Photo442.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 518
  • Photo439.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 492
  • Photo449.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 541
  • Photo443.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 521
  • Photo438.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 518
Here
scan0083.jpg

scan0066.jpg

DSCF0532.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0636.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 543
When I ordered the swing out kits from Alston they were back ordered then as well......

My car has a very wide trans tunnel in it. With the seats I will be using the side bars had to be straight, they could not be bent to clear the arm rests. I was going to use plastic door panels so my body guy just stripped the arm rest bases down and sprayed them with black krinkle paint. Also if you run the snout bars like mine are I am pretty sure it rules out the possibility of a Procahrger or a pair of Turbos. Cage is tucked in pretty tight everywhere. Rained the day I took it to get certified so it got a bit dirty...Hope this helps.....

I remember you from the cert day.. I'm Ryan the kid with Richard and the dragster.. Froze my *** off in that trailer lol

Thanks for the pics fellas... Any possibility I can get a pic of the a pillar bar how it goes through the dash near the front window? Did any of u guys notch ur dash pads for it?

I notched mine. I want the a pillar bars as far away from me as possible.

Attachments

• DSC05529.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 500
  • DSC05527.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 504
  • DSC05526.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 487
  • DSC05013.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 470
  • DSC05012.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 490
  • DSC04338.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 483
  • DSC04335.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 521
Subscribed I'm loving this great info I have a jegs full roll cage kit but I'm only going to put the roll bar in ill probably do a full cage this winter getting ready to start on the roll bar next week

I notched the metal to get the A Pillar Bars as close to the glass as possible. When I weld it off I am going to fill that area back in and weld it all off so when the dash is notched you can not see down to the floor board or even under the dash at all when looking thru the windshield.

If my measurements are correct the dash pad will not need to be cut and the A pillar bar will just kiss it.

View attachment phpA0L5y6PM.jpg

View attachment phpUvDE1zPM.jpg

View attachment phpX34MRUPM.jpg

-
Back