• Photo437.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 302
  • Photo448.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 291
  • Photo450.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 297
  • Photo451.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 313
I notched the metal to get the A Pillar Bars as close to the glass as possible. When I weld it off I am going to fill that area back in and weld it all off so when the dash is notched you can not see down to the floor board or even under the dash at all when looking thru the windshield.

If my measurements are correct the dash pad will not need to be cut and the A pillar bar will just kiss it.

View attachment 313815

View attachment 313816

View attachment 313817

Mad,

I like how you went low through the inner fenders and mounted the snout bar to the frame.. but can you show or explain to me how you tied that in to that it supports the front Coil over? I ask b/c I love this idea so I wont have to paint my engine compartment like I would with the standard location of the snout bars.

Front snout bars. The pic is from a couple years ago.....but the cage is the same. Tied in the coilover mount

Attachments

• 4-14-09%20demon%20plumbing%20002.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 279
Mad,

I like how you went low through the inner fenders and mounted the snout bar to the frame.. but can you show or explain to me how you tied that in to that it supports the front Coil over? I ask b/c I love this idea so I wont have to paint my engine compartment like I would with the standard location of the snout bars.

The stock shock tower for the coil over was notched to accept the Snout Bar. You cant see it in the pictures but it is. The stock shock tower will be gusseted and tied back into the Snout bar then welded off completely. The snout bar is pretty tight to the inner fender also, there is no gap so it will be stitch welded along that tube also. There will also be a plate at the firewall penetration around the snout bar tube and again welded off completely. It is not going anywhere when it is all tied in and complete.

How's the quality control in INDIA these days:violent1:

Attachments

• IMG_2275.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 252
I remember you from the cert day.. I'm Ryan the kid with Richard and the dragster.. Froze my *** off in that trailer lol
That wind was frigging brutal. Might need to talk to Richard soon......

Anymore pics? I'm thinking of just doing a 6 point for now with dual swing outs and maybe even a disconnect rear bar so I can use the back seat if needed .

Hope this is ok to post in this thread. I dont like starting new ones if it can be helped.
I am swapping a 5.7 into my 73 dart. I am gonna try to keep the pws gearbox and eventually have all the accessories.
Right now i cannot afford the Alterk setup, so I am gonna be forced to remove part of the inner wells/aprons. From What I have read this will weaken the front clip as rails are not supported vertally.

Can I just put in "snout bars"/"strut bars"/"shock tower brace bar" whatever it is called with without a full cage? Im talking the bent tube that runs from the frame, to the shocktower, then is mounted to a plated welded somewhere on the firewall...will this work or does it meet another part of a cage at the firewall?

I am trying to keep this a road trip comfortable car for me and the misses...will maybe see track 1 time a year if that. mostly just steet and road trips, not even a daily driver. thats what I have the new 09 charger MOPAR ALL THE WAY BABY!!

-
Back