Show Us Pictures of 2nd Generation Barracudas

-
I was referring to PettyBlue.. I was going to buy your Cuda remember?? lol...

I do remember and that's why I thought it might have been me you were referring to. I am not much of a saleman am I? No big deal you found the car you wanted and after a couple insane job changes in a year I think I have enough stability to keep mine. Now I can do the last few things I wanted to do to the car. It seems Eddie Belfour owns a restoration shop 15 minutes from here (Freeland MI). They specialize in Mopar restorations. Eddie the Eagle, kind of weird, Eh! I am going to go over and talk to him in a couple weeks about putting my Formula S Barracuda back to stock appearing. Turbine Bronze with black side stripes and interior.

1969383S, Here is another view and a vinyl top notch as well.

Attachments

• IMG_4526 (Custom).JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 1,559
  • IMG_3755 (Custom).JPG
    102 KB · Views: 1,550
Here is another one.

Attachments

• SDC11140.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,538
  • SDC11536.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,532
  • SDC11529.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,533
  • SDC11147.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 1,530
  • SDC11535.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,542
Man that is one nice looking fish, 69Cudafan!! Those wheels and redlines really set off your beautiful car. Thanks for sharing.

Ma Snart, thanks for the compliments! I wish that I could take some credit for it, but the car is how I bought it. It came with a ton of extra parts, and history all the way to the original owner. I also have the "turbine" style hubcaps (original to the car), another set of 69 hubcaps (thanks highwaystar), and Rallyes for the road.

Here is a pic from Carlisle back in the 90's with caps the car came with:

vbpgimage.php

The only drawback is that I had to get rid of the A56 340 Cuda (which I think is somewhere in Sweden). From someone's post earlier, looks as though there is a strong Barracuda footprint over there. I hope it went to a good home. That car was tons of fun!

vbpgimage.php

Ma Snart, thanks for the compliments! I wish that I could take some credit for it, but the car is how I bought it. It came with a ton of extra parts, and history all the way to the original owner. I also have the "turbine" style hubcaps (original to the car), another set of 69 hubcaps (thanks highwaystar), and Rallyes for the road.

Here is a pic from Carlisle back in the 90's with caps the car came with:

vbpgimage.php

The only drawback is that I had to get rid of the A56 340 Cuda (which I think is somewhere in Sweden). From someone's post earlier, looks as though there is a strong Barracuda footprint over there. I hope it went to a good home. That car was tons of fun!

vbpgimage.php

You can take credit for finding and being able to buy such a nice car. Not everyone can do that.

Ma Snart

Attachments

• mw6073c.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,511
I noticed the gold 68 fastback that itate posted with the black vinyl top.

Was this ever a Factory option??

Reason I ask is my 69 383 "S" had this trim on it when I bought the car in 1984 but the vinyl top was not on it. The trim molds to the body very tightly through all the curves below the rear glass. You can see the trim in these old pictures from 1987. I recently removed all of that trim in my tear down process and have always wondered if it was a factory option or maybe a dealer installed option. Trying to decide if I should weld up the holes or go back with the vinyl. The fender tag does not show a vinyl top code. This is the only example I have ever seen!

The only car with a vinyl top I have seen is this one. This one I am guessing someone added - not the factory or dealer. Have to do some digging on your question about factory vs dealer on yours and the other pictures posted.

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Picture1000.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,506
  • Picture1001.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,493
Another very nice 68 that was for sale a couple years ago...

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Picture8a.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,485
  • Picture7.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,452
  • Picture6.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,487
  • Picture5.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,470
  • Picture4.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,481
  • Picture3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,458
  • Picture2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,461
  • Picture1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,485
Thanks again Ma Snart. I have spent waaaay too much time scouring every crevice of the internet to try and get my mitts on a suitable 1969 convertible (340 was preferred, but I was starting to lose hope). The 340 Vert was the stars all coming into alignment, and I made some quick decisions and moves to get it (another story for another thread). The previous owner loved this car like no other (binders of documentation, every fill up, every replaced part, every letter and e-mail sent, original Monroney label, etc.). I am a proud steward of a car with such a rich history.

The A56 was bought off eBay sight unseen (first time for everything, and perfweld saw it in person, though his hunt still continues).

As far as that "Gator" style top, I am pretty sure I have seen other Mopars like it. Most have been early 70s cars (there was a Green Demon with that same style green gator top for sale on criagslist a while back). That and the spoiler seems like a period modification to me.

Dealers of the day typically did those sort of mods in an effort to make vehicles stand out (similar to dealships that slap decals and rims on today to make the car more desireable). From the looks of the pic with the trim on the 383 in question, that looks much more like the bronze Barracuda and seems to me to be a much more factory look. Not sure why there would be a vinyl top without it being optioned on the tag, though.

I am sure that there are others that can and will correct me if I am wrong.

Footnote...I am pretty sure that I have seen that Barracuda at VA Beach before when was there for a long weekend. Nice cars lining the boardwalk...if memory serves. It was a while back, though.

Ma Snart, Any other pictures of the blue barracuda, especially the spoiler?

Vinyl top options from the 1969 Plymouth Color & Trim Book found at http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1969PlymouthColorAndTrim-01.shtml

That site is exactly what I have been looking for!! Thanks you! Thank you! Thank you! That information answers alot of questions I have had about 2nd Gens!!! I figured that information should be available somewhere but could not find it.

So, a few more pictures of the spoiler on that blue

Attachments

• Picture1004.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,450
  • Picture1003.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,443
  • Picture1002.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,431
Not a problem Ma Snart.
And thanks, that should have been a factory option.

Not a problem Ma Snart.
And thanks, that should have been a factory option.

I agree about the spoiler - Looks very nice.

By the way, a very nice looking 62 Chrysler you have there. I have a 61 - Pictures in My Gallery.

What is that decal, or emblem on your front grill of your 61?

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Picture19.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,462
Hey Ma, thanks for kicking off this thread. I am loving it. Hope to add pictures of another, not too far down the road.

Hey the real thanks should go to everyone who has posted. This has been a real fun week to be able to see all the various configurations of 2nd Gens out there. Also have learned a whole bunch more about these great cars.

To everyone out there, please continue to post - Don't be shy!!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,438
Ma Snart, great thread! Love seeing all the different 2nd gen Barracuda's!
I still like the look of the Cragars on my car, but they had to go, as the were pretty old and worn out. I would like to have another set in the future, just to be able to change the look of the car from time to time.
Thanks, Steve~

And I start to drool again...Man Cudaspaz, I love your car. The execution of the build is superb. Really nice job, the car just looks pristine! The color, the Cuda stripe, the wheel/tire combination, and the black scooped hood all really work well together. Also really like the custom console... very nice touch!

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Love to see some more!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Picture37.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,441
That mod top reminded me, the last one I've seen was in a junk yard in SE Ohio and had been run over by a logging truck.

And I start to drool again...Man Cudaspaz, I love your car. The execution of the build is superb. Really nice job, the car just looks pristine! The color, the Cuda stripe, the wheel/tire combination, and the black scooped hood all really work well together. Also really like the custom console... very nice touch!

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Love to see some more!

Ma Snart

Thanks man!
She's a picture *****, ha,ha.

-
Back